• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Just Got My 2023 Ford Lightning Lariat

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
I just bought a 2023 Ford Lightning Lariat the other day. Since it's a 2023 I think I got a great deal on it. They took over $12K off the asking price. I traded my Tesla Model Y performance. Although I loved my Tesla, I needed a truck for a side business.

I know when you buy a new car there are always going to be some things that you like or don't like but coming from the Tesla, I do miss a few things.

1. Tesla was way better at software development. Navigating was much easier and when going on longer trips, it was spot on telling you when you should stop to charge and when you had enough charge to continue your trip.
2. I can't stand that there is no auto lock. Come on...this is so simple to implement.
3. Another simple thing that I miss is folding the mirrors when I get to a set location such as my home. Again, should be a simple thing to do.
4. The Ford Pass app sucks. There is not even a simple way to look at the app and tell if the doors are locked or not.

With that being said, I do love the truck and I know this is nitpicking a little but maybe someone has some ideas or feedback on a workaround.
Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Door lock status indication (lack thereof - and windows for that matter) is probably my biggest gripe about something simple that should never have even made it to release on this app!!

Reactions: GDN

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
I just bought a 2023 Ford Lightning Lariat the other day. Since it's a 2023 I think I got a great deal on it. They took over $12K off the asking price. I traded my Tesla Model Y performance. Although I loved my Tesla, I needed a truck for a side business.

I know when you buy a new car there are always going to be some things that you like or don't like but coming from the Tesla, I do miss a few things.

1. Tesla was way better at software development. Navigating was much easier and when going on longer trips, it was spot on telling you when you should stop to charge and when you had enough charge to continue your trip.
2. I can't stand that there is no auto lock. Come on...this is so simple to implement.
3. Another simple thing that I miss is folding the mirrors when I get to a set location such as my home. Again, should be a simple thing to do.
4. The Ford Pass app sucks. There is not even a simple way to look at the app and tell if the doors are locked or not.

With that being said, I do love the truck and I know this is nitpicking a little but maybe someone has some ideas or feedback on a workaround.

As a current Tesla dnd Lightning owner I agree with 100% your post. BUT overall I still favor the Lightning over the Tesla for it's utility, comfort and ride quality.

Ford is not as quick and responsive when it comes to updates.
Walk away Lock is supposed to come this year with a software update hopefully.

OP
OP

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
I agree, like I said, I love the truck and it drives great.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to the forum, we have threads on every point you brought up from fellow TESLA converts, they are a many.

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired

there is an autolock. locks the truck and folds in the mirrors when you walk away.... if you want. your choice on how to set up.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Was the 12k off before the tax credit? I’m looking to upgrade and if I get that…boom

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Welcome to the forum, we have threads on every point you brought up from fellow TESLA converts, they are a many.
Be careful - I'm not sure I consider myself a "convert". LOL, I drove GM before Ford. I drove Tesla before Lightning. If Tesla ever gets close to this pickup in ride and size and price, I'll never drive Ford again.

As noted by OP, there is nothing like the Tesla experience from SW and from drive train control. Ford just has them beat on the cabin comforts.

OP
OP

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
Was the 12k off before the tax credit? I’m looking to upgrade and if I get that…boom
Unfortunately I don't qualify for the tax credit which is another story but I'm pissed about that. They put income limits on it.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
As a current Tesla dnd Lightning owner I agree with 100% your post. BUT overall I still favor the Lightning over the Tesla for it's utility, comfort and ride quality.

Ford is not as quick and responsive when it comes to updates.
Walk away Lock is supposed to come this year with a software update hopefully.
Right after BC 1.4. 😊

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Congrats OP! While Ford is decades behind Tesla in software, at least your Auto Wipers will work accurately.

As far as the Navigation system, it is as accurate as the google one in Tesla. Taken a few trips and it was spot on. Apple Maps is also accurate.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT SR Avalanche
Just wait till you learn Ford is selling your data to companies that taddle to insurance companies and Jack your rates.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
But how do they know who your insurance carrier is?
I'm not saying this is actually happening, but technologically it's possible, insurance coverage is keyed to a VIN is on the policy, if the insurance company were to submit request for information to the related manufacturer about operation data, they could make broad assumptions about it's risk exposure.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The truck is already integrated with a couple of insurance companies. There is a switch in the GUI to turn on your tracking and share with insurance. I don't recall which companies, I think State Farm has been added since I got the truck, but I already had the drive safe and save transponder.
Sponsored