• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Just Got My 2023 Ford Lightning Lariat

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I just bought a 2023 Ford Lightning Lariat the other day. Since it's a 2023 I think I got a great deal on it. They took over $12K off the asking price. I traded my Tesla Model Y performance. Although I loved my Tesla, I needed a truck for a side business.

I know when you buy a new car there are always going to be some things that you like or don't like but coming from the Tesla, I do miss a few things.

1. Tesla was way better at software development. Navigating was much easier and when going on longer trips, it was spot on telling you when you should stop to charge and when you had enough charge to continue your trip.
2. I can't stand that there is no auto lock. Come on...this is so simple to implement.
3. Another simple thing that I miss is folding the mirrors when I get to a set location such as my home. Again, should be a simple thing to do.
4. The Ford Pass app sucks. There is not even a simple way to look at the app and tell if the doors are locked or not.

With that being said, I do love the truck and I know this is nitpicking a little but maybe someone has some ideas or feedback on a workaround.
Software is a challenge for all the Legacy Car companies.
It will take time for them to improve and enhance their software development.
I believe they are making gains....it is just that Tesla is already circling the moon and Legacy is just getting up into the clouds.

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
The truck is already integrated with a couple of insurance companies. There is a switch in the GUI to turn on your tracking and share with insurance. I don't recall which companies, I think State Farm has been added since I got the truck, but I already had the drive safe and save transponder.
How do you switch the GUI off to stop the spying?

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Tesla started making EVs in 2008. They just added one time charge to 100% capability that Ford had from day 1.

I don't disagree that over all there is a world of difference in software implementation but there are always little nuggets you can appreciate if you look close enough.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Tesla started making EVs in 2008. They just added one time charge to 100% capability that Ford had from day 1.

I don't disagree that over all there is a world of difference in software implementation but there are always little nuggets you can appreciate if you look close enough.
You're really reaching for that kind of comparison. I can change my Tesla percentage of charge and speed of charge literally within seconds from the app and have been able to for years. I can do that and close the app before the Ford app connects to the truck and refreshes the first time.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
You're really reaching for that kind of comparison. I can change my Tesla percentage of charge and speed of charge literally within seconds from the app and have been able to for years. I can do that and close the app before the Ford app connects to the truck and refreshes the first time.
But you will have to change it back. In other words if it was good enough, why would Tesla add the one time use capability? OK, OK, ... with Software, may be I am reaching but there are a lot of differences between CT and my Pro that make me really appreciate my choice.

Reactions: GDN
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT SR Avalanche
how do you get there? I don't see the option
Settings. Connectivity. Then the top option you'll see all the stuff you have being reported to Ford. Remove it though and you can't schedule times or condition the battery

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Settings. Connectivity. Then the top option you'll see all the stuff you have being reported to Ford. Remove it though and you can't schedule times or condition the battery
yikes! Maybe not good for me, I am constantly preconditioning the battery. We do need a "Condition Now Button"

Sponsored