• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ground fault detected

louism383

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 pb
Occupation
Iuoe 158
i purchased my vehicle on 1/3/22 (21pb). Within the first week of ownership i started to see the ground fault detected message on the sync screen. I brought it back to my local dealer to have checked out. The guys at the dealership had no idea of the issue and called their hotline to be informed by ford that its a software related issue. After they looked over my vehicle they handed me a paper that stated ford engineering is working on a software update and will be provided sometime in April and for the dealership to follow up with customer by may. Well since then I’ve noticed That this message only occurs during wet driving conditions and not during dry conditions which leads me to believe there is something other than a software issue happening. I’m posting this to get any and all feedback from members who have experienced the same thing.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ground fault detected CD9F2508-B801-4061-BB77-669EFFD5523D

Ford F-150 Lightning Ground fault detected EC8A0E11-F0ED-485D-80B9-C1B9AB8DA23D
Sponsored

DMuiser

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
OP
OP
louism383

louism383

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 pb
Occupation
Iuoe 158
Yeah this whole thing is mind-boggling to me. I’m. About ready to reach out to a lawyer and every person who has experienced this as well and start a class action lawsuit. 70K+ On my truck and I can’t even use its main feature makes me sick.

Finnster

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Contractor
Had the same issue on a 21’ Limited. In and out of the shop so many times for that and a brake fault warning light 3x. Dealer said they can’t fix the ground fault and Ford doesn’t have an answer. And my Sync was stuck in 1.4 update and they said “Ford is working on a fix”. I got frustrated and sold the truck.
I broke my own rule of buying a “1st year model”

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
As I've mentioned in the other thread, I would recommend that you look up your lemon law process in your state. In mine, you send a letter informing Ford that they have a pre-determined amount of time to solve the issue. They have acknowledged that the vehicle has a known issue with a feature that affects the function of the vehicle and something that you have paid to have.

FYI, I got a similar letter when I took mine in and mentioned that badly rattling back window. They say they will have a fix for it in March...I'm not holding my breath.
Sponsored