• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ground fault

Vallee

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 f150 ecoboost
This passed weekend I lost electricity, so after 30 minutes. I decided to plug up my 2021 f150 powerboost, with two 14/2 wire, that are connected to two 15 amp breakers. I turn off the main breaker then plugged both extension in the box of the truck. Then it directed the extension, and asked to send current to the outlets. Then i get a Ground Fault error, I reset it many times, pressed the breakers. Still nothing, please help? Thank you
Sponsored

Gbrown2248

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Pipefitters
This passed weekend I lost electricity, so after 30 minutes. I decided to plug up my 2021 f150 powerboost, with two 14/2 wire, that are connected to two 15 amp breakers. I turn off the main breaker then plugged both extension in the box of the truck. Then it directed the extension, and asked to send current to the outlets. Then i get a Ground Fault error, I reset it many times, pressed the breakers. Still nothing, please help? Thank you
[/QUO
You would have to make sure each plug is in a separate circuit. I would try just using one plug first

Gbrown2248

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Pipefitters
If you have 200 amp service you will have two 100 amp legs. You will have to find an outlet from each leg. One way to find it is plug One extension cord in. Figure out which outlets are working and which ones don’t. And then pick one that is not working and plug in your second extension cord.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
It's hard to tell exactly from your post, but I'm guessing the problem is with the bonded neutral in the panel. You need a transfer switch to disconnect the neutral to avoid your issue, and it's been covered extensively in the Powerboost engine forum.
Sponsored