• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro Power Ground Fault?

Biggerfish

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Business owner
Sorry if this has been covered already. (Searched but could not locate exact subject). I just got my 23 Pro a few weeks ago, and am still playing/learning. Yesterday, I was monkeying around, and pressed the Pro Power Test button on the console and got this message:
Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Power Ground Fault? 84CA4219-8346-4580-85EF-A13D43268F2D

Do I still have a ground fault? And if so should I Reset? Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Sponsored

roadhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
You have a ground fault because you pressed the 'Test' button to trigger a ground fault. It's just a GFCI - you need to reset it for the outlets to work again.

OP
OP
Biggerfish

Biggerfish

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Business owner
You have a ground fault because you pressed the 'Test' button to trigger a ground fault. It's just a GFCI - you need to reset it for the outlets to work again.
Ah. Lol! The modern man’s GFCI green test button! Got it, and thanks a bunch!

srspring551

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat 2023 ER, delivered 10-28-23
Very bad wording on the screen. My dealer also had trouble figuring out exactly what it was saying. It should be clear that it is a "test" and what the Alert means.

OP
OP
Biggerfish

Biggerfish

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Business owner
Very bad wording on the screen. My dealer also had trouble figuring out exactly what it was saying. It should be clear that it is a "test" and what the Alert means.
Agreed.

roadhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
It makes sense - the system doesn't know it's a test or a real fault, it just reacts because the GFCI was tripped. You'll see the same message if you use a standard GFCI outlet tester (or a paperclip) to perform the test, rather than the test button.

In an ideal world this is the best process - if you program the system to be aware of the test, then when you push the button, you're just testing the 'test' process, not the 'actual fault' process.
Sponsored