• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Half a yard 80/20 topsoil

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I own a garden center- Follow these two simple life hacks to get yards of topsoil to your home. Trick two will amaze you.
1- Have it delivered
2- Buy it by the bag

But seriously, my truck gets used for work everyday and I wouldn't ever do this. Looks painful for your body and the truck.
Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Yes it is the azure gray.. love the color.. gives different shades based on lighting conditions.

For a half yard it costs $24 .. It is a pretty cheap option if I just want that much.

Dump trailer would be awesome but it is like $130/day rental and could take 3 yards. Would definitely go that route if I needed more..

I did delivery before and it was 250+cost of material.
Prices are different all across the country but in New York I charge $2.98 for a cubic foot of topsoil in a bag. So 14 bags, slightly over a half yard, is $41.72 The difference of $17.72 is less than my insurance copay to have my back looked at after twist lifting/on an uneven surface of a truck bed.

antimatterparticle

First Name
Higgs boson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,150,4XE
Public service announcement for everyone that hits this post:

The Unloader fro Harbor Freight does not work. The clamps are not big enough to fit the tailgate. (At least the one with the light bar).

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Public service announcement for everyone that hits this post:

The Unloader fro Harbor Freight does not work. The clamps are not big enough to fit the tailgate. (At least the one with the light bar).
Was just about to post this.

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Weight wise you might be ok. A cubic yard of topsoil weighs between 1800 and 3000 lbs. So between 900 and 1500 for half yard depending on moisture. The ER F150 has a load capacity of 1800 lbs, Standard has 2000. It is cutting it close tough.

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I have already carried a load of mulch and compost no tarp and no spray in Bed liner shovel on paint..... It's a truck I didn't buy this to put a bed rug in it and not treat it like a truck. Did the same to my ICE F150 and it was just fine for the 4 years I owned it

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning - Antimatter Blue
I use this, along with the spray in bedliner:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075PWVW67/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not my truck:
Ford F-150 Lightning Half a yard 80/20 topsoil Capture.PNG

It keeps stuff out of the crack between the bed and the tailgate. It doesn't seem to impact the powered tailgate either, at least not in my application. A large piece of plywood over the seam would probably still be better, but then you would need to drive home with the tailgate down, because once you put a CY of soil on it, good luck moving it.
Sponsored