• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hardware for Splash Guards?

planetmn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I ordered the splash guards for my Lightning and the rear kit was missing some of the hardware. I was installing over the weekend, so figured I'd get as much done as I could and call for the replacement parts today. Well, low and behold, unlike any other company that I've dealt with, Ford will not send out replacements for missing hardware. And since I've started installing them, they won't take them back, either. So I was told I would have to go to a dealer and file a warranty claim for them.

So ignoring the idiocy of sending me to a dealer, Ford paying a mechanic $100/hr to say "yup, he doesn't have those pieces" and then (I guess) being sent out another one, I was wondering if anybody actually new what the screws and clips included in the package were so I could just find them and be done with this. The parts I'm missing are for the steel bracket that goes on each side. I'm missing the larger diameter screws (both of them) as well as one of the clips (the same one that there are eight of.

Alternatively, if anybody knows how to contact somebody at Ford Accessories who has common sense and can help me get the hardware kit, that'd be appreciated also.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It’s been a while, but IIRC, the instructions included a parts list.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
I ordered the splash guards for my Lightning and the rear kit was missing some of the hardware. I was installing over the weekend, so figured I'd get as much done as I could and call for the replacement parts today. Well, low and behold, unlike any other company that I've dealt with, Ford will not send out replacements for missing hardware. And since I've started installing them, they won't take them back, either. So I was told I would have to go to a dealer and file a warranty claim for them.

So ignoring the idiocy of sending me to a dealer, Ford paying a mechanic $100/hr to say "yup, he doesn't have those pieces" and then (I guess) being sent out another one, I was wondering if anybody actually new what the screws and clips included in the package were so I could just find them and be done with this. The parts I'm missing are for the steel bracket that goes on each side. I'm missing the larger diameter screws (both of them) as well as one of the clips (the same one that there are eight of.

Alternatively, if anybody knows how to contact somebody at Ford Accessories who has common sense and can help me get the hardware kit, that'd be appreciated also.

Thanks!
Mine was missing those same two large screws. I found them at my local ACE Hardware store. I don’t recall the size, but I just took one of the associated nuts for diameter size and also took one of the other smaller screws for length. Mine came with all the clips though.

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
Not sure if this will help, but here is photo from eBay ad of the parts. Doesn't show the metal bracket though. The bracket are each different.....one for left side and one for right side.

Ford F-150 Lightning Hardware for Splash Guards? s-l1600

Sponsored

Turbodonkey

First Name
Johnathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
I have the exact same problem on my end. I ordered them, picked them up from my Ford dealer accessory shop and was missing the 10 mm screws and the second piece of plastic with the hole in it that's supposed to protect the rear area under the lip of the bed for the rear splash guards. What I did was I just searched through my junk nuts and bolts and found two 10 mm machine thread screws that fit it and just cut a piece of plastic to fit under the second rear splash guard. I followed a YouTube tutorial () on how to install them and it took me about 20 minutes or so to do it myself. But yeah I was missing the parts as well really not much you can do.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
I’m not sure how you can miss only one of the protective plastic pieces. For my kit, the two came on one sheet.
Sponsored