• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards confirmed

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
I installed mine today. The rears take a little longer to install partly because the instructions were hard to make out, pictures only, no text. A little pricey for injection molded plastic but they fit perfectly.
A2EFE5CE-597F-4275-AE40-261C51014C66.jpeg
94282C03-E6DE-4054-9479-96FF2245D767.jpeg
Can you share some pictures of the whole vehicle?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
This might be a dumb question but do the front ones keep the running boards cleaner? Mine are covered in sand and ice…
I can't comment on the Lightning specific flaps, but the identical ICE flaps kept my boards clean on my 2021.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Any easy way to get those Christmas tree clips out of the rear existing guards? Just trim removal tool?

Sponsored

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Anyone have a specific link to this exact tool? Or is this fairly standard as a "trim removal tool" ?
You'll be throwing those plugs away because they get ripped up pulling them out. I ended up snipping the post with a pair of side cutters, then pulling the heads out by hand.

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Does anyone know what item I in the instructions for the rear?

is it a piece of plastic tape?

also, step 7 refers to part J, but there is no part J in the list of contents on the first page.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Does anyone know what item I in the instructions for the rear?

is it a piece of plastic tape?

also, step 7 refers to part J, but there is no part J in the list of contents on the first page.
It is PPF film. Stick it on the fender so the steel bracket isn't sitting directly on the aluminum body panel. I used a screwdriver to poke a hole through it for the mounting screw.

Ignore the "J". As best I can tell, they mislabeled it and it should be an "I".

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
It is PPF film. Stick it on the fender so the steel bracket isn't sitting directly on the aluminum body panel. I used a screwdriver to poke a hole through it for the mounting screw.
did you really get two or cut it in half?

I only have one piece, so I guess I’m cutting it.

Also, it seems like the visual in step 1 is wrong as it shows taking only two of the inserts out on the side facing the wheel instead of three and one facing the ground. I’m assuming you do the three facing the wheel that align to the flap and not the one facing the ground.

for the front - one of the front screw holes is eating up the included screws. The original with a point goes in fine, but the longer new ones are getting eaten up. I’m wondering if there’s a trick for getting it to take or if the original can really work.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician

Also, it seems like the visual in step 1 is wrong as it shows taking only two of the inserts out on the side facing the wheel instead of three and one facing the ground. I’m assuming you do the three facing the wheel that align to the flap and not the one facing the ground.

for the front - one of the front screw holes is eating up the included screws. The original with a point goes in fine, but the longer new ones are getting eaten up. I’m wondering if there’s a trick for getting it to take or if the original can really work.
I'm going by memory, but there was one square of the PPF film. There were 2 pieces on it. There is a perforation in the middle of it.

You have to take all 3 of the screws facing the wheel out. I only pulled the plastic connector on the rear that faces the ground that the bolt needed to go through. I didn't need to pull the front one.

I didn't have any problems with the front replacement screws, but I feel the original screws were long enough and could have worked.

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired

I reused the original screws, they were long enough to reach, so i didn’t use the longer screws that came with the front splash guards

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
You'll be throwing those plugs away because they get ripped up pulling them out. I ended up snipping the post with a pair of side cutters, then pulling the heads out by hand.
THIS was the type of thing I was hoping for. Made it much easier to get them out.
Sponsored