• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anyone added Fender Flares?

LightningB514

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Hello. I love the look of my Lightning but I think adding fender flares would give it a cool finish to it. Nothing super aggressive, maybe something simple and nice. I’ve looked online and don’t seem to have seen any lightenings with them added. Anyone have fender flares on their Lighting? Pictures would be awesome! Thanks!
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Most folks probably don't want the range loss. They smoothed out the sides for a reason.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I think I remember reading somewhere that the lighting is a mere half inch narrower than the requirement to have amber running lights. Not that it would look bad with amber lights, just means extra work beyond just the flare install.

OP
OP

LightningB514

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Most folks probably don't want the range loss. They smoothed out the sides for a reason.
That makes sense. I was thinking maybe a fender flare that is more cosmetic than functional. Just to give it a more sporty vibe.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
These dudes managed to modify Raptor fenders onto the Lightning. They won’t give away any secrets and have no plans on selling them but confirmed that they are OEM Raptor flares

Ford F-150 Lightning Has anyone added Fender Flares? IMG_6904

Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
You could have the benefit of doing that by having 1 – 2 inches of the stock fender well rhino-lined, it would not disrupt airflow that much it would give you a black fender well look that actually would provide some protection

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The aftermarket for some reason doesn’t want to touch the Lightning. Meanwhile the Cybertruck and Rivian have plenty of goodies.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Well, it's not rocket appliance.
Agreed. It’s really about trimming key parts. Mainly around the charge port door as a portion of it blocked the door without modification
Sponsored