• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Horrible Customer Service and Horrible Paint!!

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package
No question here... Just wanted to vent about my experience with ordering accessories through Ford's website. I decided to use my points on a bedrug. There was a 20% off sale that supposedly ran through the end of June. My husband was getting new tires on his truck, so we figured we'd wait until he got that scheduled and use those points towards the liner. Anyway, by the time he was scheduled in, we realized the points wouldn't clear in time, so on the 27th I tried to order the bedliner. The website wouldn't take the code. I tried again the next day - still wouldn't take the code. I called customer service and was told to install a different browser and use incognito mode. Still wouldn't take the code. Also, if you try to enter the code multiple times, the website says you're sending too much traffic and have to wait 5 minutes to try again. I called back again and was told that code no longer worked. I mentioned I had a screen shot of the promotional banner that said it was good through the 30th. They had me email it over. Someone called and left a message later that day. I called back and of course couldn't speak to the person that left the message, so the representative wrote notes in the computer and said I'd be getting a code specific to me via email so that I could get the discount. A few more days passed. I called again. The person I spoke with said he saw in the computer that it was approved, they were just waiting for Ford to generate the code and would be sending it to me, and there were other people in a similar situation. More days pass. At this point, there is another 20% off sale going on, so I ordered it without any problems. But - still no follow up to the original issues. VERY annoyed!! If reading this was a waste of time - sorry! You can see how much time I wasted on this. It's not the ~$100 bucks, it's the principle!!

I will say that all four of the representatives I spoke with were professional and courteous. Really, Ford, you don't give your representatives the authority/capability to process a discounted order on their own and have to "escalate" it??

Anyway, in the interim, I took an empty plastic cooler - about a 2' cube with wheels on it - to someone less than a quarter mile away. It wasn't tied down and I heard it shift. I could not believe the amount of damage it did!!! Needless to say, after that nothing went in the bed until the liner arrived.

End rant.

Ford F-150 Lightning Horrible Customer Service and Horrible Paint!! Truck Bed
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I will say that all four of the representatives I spoke with were professional and courteous. Really, Ford, you don't give your representatives the authority/capability to process a discounted order on their own and have to "escalate" it??

Anyway, in the interim, I took an empty plastic cooler - about a 2' cube with wheels on it - to someone less than a quarter mile away. It wasn't tied down and I heard it shift. I could not believe the amount of damage it did!!! Needless to say, after that nothing went in the bed until the liner arrived.

End rant.
I haven’t had much luck with Ford.Accessories or Ford.Parts myself.

Won’t bore you with the details but suffice it to say I’m not on their best customers mailing list. 🙁

Last edited:

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco
Just FYI, my dealership parts department price matches the 20% coupon no problem. Can't order online but I can call or stop by and they place the order themselves, depending on what it is sometimes I pre-pay and sometimes I pay when it comes in.

OP
OP

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package
Just FYI, my dealership parts department price matches the 20% coupon no problem. Can't order online but I can call or stop by and they place the order themselves, depending on what it is sometimes I pre-pay and sometimes I pay when it comes in.
Thanks for the info. Will try that if I get something else.

Which brings up another annoyance: I had to pay ten bucks for shipping since my local dealer doesn't participate in the free pick up from dealer option. The nearest place was about 40 miles from here...
Sponsored