• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How do I get my Ford Charging Station

chickenlives

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I just picked up my truck last night at the dealership but the dealership said I get my charging station through the Ford website?
Sponsored

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I just picked up my truck last night at the dealership but the dealership said I get my charging station through the Ford website?
If your truck has the ER battery and includes the Charge Station Pro, then SunRun should be reaching out to you to try and sell you installation and solar. If you decline their services, they should just confirm your address and ship the CSP to you. It has been taking a few weeks to arrive for most people.

OP
OP

chickenlives

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
If your truck has the ER battery and includes the Charge Station Pro, then SunRun should be reaching out to you to try and sell you installation and solar. If you decline their services, they should just confirm your address and ship the CSP to you. It has been taking a few weeks to arrive for most people.
The Sunrun Website is confusing (to me). I already have solar (not from Sunrun). I just want my Charging Station and will have the electrician of my choice set it up. I did purchase the extended range so I should not have to pay Sunrun anything.

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The Sunrun Website is confusing (to me). I already have solar (not from Sunrun). I just want my Charging Station and will have the electrician of my choice set it up. I did purchase the extended range so I should not have to pay Sunrun anything.
When they called me, they were not pushy or rude, I just told them I already had solar and I had no plans to install the CSP at this time. They said that as soon as Ford marks my truck as sold, they will call again to verify the shipping address and send me the station.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
You won't have to pay SunRun anything. Ford sends the sale information to SunRun and then SunRun will confirm your shipping details shortly after. They will ship you the charger as it is included with your Lighting with ER battery purchase. I've seen people reporting this process takes a week or two, sometimes a month.

Sponsored
OP
OP

chickenlives

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the info. I just called Sunrun and a representative did tell me they charge an estimated $9400 to install your Charging Station which includes setting it up as a backup generator. They would first send out a person to do a Site Survey (at no charge) and based on that, I would get an accurate cost (maybe more than the $9400 estimate).
If I was only interested in using the charging station to charge the truck then they said they could ship it out to me and any electrician could set it up.

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks for the info. I just called Sunrun and a representative did tell me they charge an estimated $9400 to install your Charging Station which includes setting it up as a backup generator. They would first send out a person to do a Site Survey (at no charge) and based on that, I would get an accurate cost (maybe more than the $9400 estimate).
If I was only interested in using the charging station to charge the truck then they said they could ship it out to me and any electrician could set it up.
Would you mind providing me the number you called for Sun Run? I purchased my ER Lightning a week ago at a dealership (someone else had ordered it and backed out so I don't have an order number). I just want to reach out to them to see if they have me in their system.

OP
OP

chickenlives

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Would you mind providing me the number you called for Sun Run? I purchased my ER Lightning a week ago at a dealership (someone else had ordered it and backed out so I don't have an order number). I just want to reach out to them to see if they have me in their system.
855-341-0237

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
855-341-0237
Thanks. I just called. Apparently, if you ask for the Ford team you can shortcut a lot of transfers. It seems they had all my info but didn't have my email address. They said my email has been confirmed, so hopefully, it will ship soon.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer