• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many Ford Lightnings do we have in Europe?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
When I was in Paris a few years ago, I thought I saw street parking meters with J1772 chargers ?

Lots of Parisian taxis were plugged into them all up and down the streets in all the districts...
Are you sure they weren’t IEC-62196 (Mennekes)?
Sponsored

OP
OP

bquist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning PRO 2022
Occupation
Electronics Technician
charging is no issue, just need an adapterCCS2 to CCS1 adapter supports up to 75kw, not as fast as without adapter but fast enough for me atleast, not fast charging that much, and then you just need type2 to type1 cable/adapter for level 2 charging... the only issue is that the ford pass app does not work. Would love to be able to solve that issue!!

OP
OP

bquist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning PRO 2022
Occupation
Electronics Technician
There are a couple Lightnings that have made it to the UAE... Of course, that's not the EU... No physical SIM card for cellular access to swap out, but that's not the real issue. The eSIM appears to carrier-locked to AT&T. If it were open, it could presumably be easily connected to any network we choose.

Cell service is not required to operate the truck, but none of the navigation, FordPass or any connected features work without it. Updates can still happen when connected via WiFi... I don't know if updates are sent to areas that identify outside North America.... Not to mention all the other services. The truck does maintain some WiFi presence. I can check mine via FordPass in my garage, where I have absolutely zero cell service, but WiFi is present and connected.
did you try how it behaves when it has no cellular connectivity and only wifi? (and located in USA :) )

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
did you try how it behaves when it has no cellular connectivity and only wifi? (and located in USA :) )
My truck downloads updates over Wi-Fi just fine. As it’s scheduled to check daily. Ford Pass seems to work with only Wi-Fi unless the truck is parked for a bit and asleep, Wi-Fi does not seem to wake it or get a response in that situation.

dan79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I know Carperformance.se has working fordpass for the cars thats has been imported to Europe

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
Resurrecting this thread to see if the OP (or others in a similar boat) found any resolution vis a vis software updates, connectivity, etc. I bought a new XLT in November only to learn months later that we’re moving to Germany (wife’s in the Army). I’m concerned not so much with the size of the vehicle (I would drive it mostly on base or for short errands) as with charging logistics and connectivity with OTA updates and apps.

any feedback welcomed!
Sponsored