• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many Lightnings have you seen in the wild?

Boomerdawg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Regional Director, Field Operations - (Construction)
I travel throughout the SE, mainly FL and GA. I have seen maybe 5 other than mine, probably between 10 and twelve Rivian R1Ts, and one Hummer down in Miami.
Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Like a half dozen a day in socal. Usually about the same number of rivians. And the hummer usually a couple times a week.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
They still seem to be picking up adoption here in DFW. I had seen 3 before I got mine. 2 more just a few streets up for me, where a guy works for an EV adoption company, since then I've seen 2 at Costco and 3 others in daily driving. So that is about 10 in about a 5-6 mile area of North Dallas.

ALAN BORER

First Name
ALAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250
Occupation
RETIRED
I have had my truck for 4.5 months and have only seen 2 other Lightnings in that time. One is somewhere in my neighborhood and the other was an hour north in a Costco parking lot. Over that time I have run into 40+ Rivians mainly R1Ts and couple R1Ss. Just curious if this is the norm for everyone or just my area - Seattle. Everyone still approaches me and asks questions at charging stations and parking lots. I would expect to see more. I also recently test drove an R1T and it reminded me of a Toyota Tacoma in size. The Lightning is quicker off the line, way smoother of a ride, and is much more functional as a truck. The Rivian fit and finish was much nicer though which really wasn't a surprise.
One in CoCo Beach Florida

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
How about this? Three Lightnings randomly in golf course parking lot. The white one with two guys getting clubs out of the back is mine.
Ford F-150 Lightning How many Lightnings have you seen in the wild? IMG_0431
Ford F-150 Lightning How many Lightnings have you seen in the wild? IMG_0432

Last edited:

Sponsored

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
Just passed another in the middle of my smallish hometown of Elkhart, IN. It was white, not a Pro, so not our local mannequin (I don't know where that ended up anyway).

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I’ve seen one Lariat on the road.
At Oak Park Mall in KC at the EVGO dc charger there was my Lariat, 2 Rivian R1t’s and one R1s charging at the same time.

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
Saw my first. White. Rich kids neighborhood. Gave him the finger, said abt!

ALAN BORER

First Name
ALAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250
Occupation
RETIRED
In my area there's quite a few Lightnings, maybe 10 driving around in total. Opposite here with Rivians, I think I've only seen 3 driving around.

You're right about the Rivian, it has a nicer interior. I think is a better daily commuter in a city or population dense urban environment designed before trucks ruled the road. However, it's not a real truck in the traditional work sense, I parked right next to one and actually laughed when I saw how tiny Rivian was side-by-side with my Lightning. Even though they are both "trucks," they truly aren't in the same class. Plus I know the CT gets a lot of hate for its design, but I'd take it over the Rivian front end any day, it has a face only a mother could love. The Lightning is just a fine looking truck, even if traditional. I'll end my side rant.
ONE
Sponsored