• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to silence the door open chime?

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Is there a way to silence the door open chime? I did not have a chime on the doors. I went on vacation, did not use the truck for 8 days and when I returned the door open chime started. Thx
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Is there a way to silence the door open chime? I did not have a chime on the doors. I went on vacation, did not use the truck for 8 days and when I returned the door open chime started. Thx
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Try this:

Turn headlight switch to OFF.
Turn headlight switch to AUTO.

See if the chime goes away.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Try this:

Turn headlight switch to OFF.
Turn headlight switch to AUTO.

See if the chime goes away.
Ah! Not OP, but this might have done it for me. I was getting that door chime every time all of a sudden. At one point my headlights 'lost' their auto-ness, so I clicked it off/back on, and then noticed the next day it didn't chime again. I didn't put those things together.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Ah! Not OP, but this might have done it for me. I was getting that door chime every time all of a sudden. At one point my headlights 'lost' their auto-ness, so I clicked it off/back on, and then noticed the next day it didn't chime again. I didn't put those things together.
This happened to me as well.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Nearly all Mach-Es, and many early Lightnings, have a defective switch. It can only be remedied by replacement. Dealerships have been told that the part, for Mach-Es, should be available in July I believe. It was previously expected in November 2022...