• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

HyperFast 350kW EA chargers now being upgraded - triple thunderbolt symbol for true dedicated charging

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yesterday, I went out of my way to get an EA charge because this location that had 6 chargers and has been down for over 3 weeks.

Saw on the EA app that 8 chargers were available.

Drove in and found a team of installers finishing work on the new EA 350kW HyperFast chargers.

Initially I drove into one of their old (non upgraded) 150kW station and was getting only 29kW @ 37% SOC.

The installer team came over and said it's their first Lightning they have seen today and said that I am using one of 2 old hardware chargers which is normally slow.

They moved me over to a newly installed, dedicated true 350kW charger and it was amazing - 160+ kWh charging and finished to 90% in under 30 minutes!

This team said they chose this location to upgrade first due to the 6 existing chargers receiving so much activity, and they kept 2 older CHAdeMO / CCS alone and added 6 new HyperFast 350kW.

They are also going to the other EA chargers in other areas of So Cal for the rest of the year according to their contract.

The key to not share your charge rate with others is to look for the 3 solid thunderbolt signage.

The 2 thunderbolt w/ 1 grayed out means you may be sharing with another tower in which case your kWh splits.

Ford F-150 Lightning HyperFast 350kW EA chargers now being upgraded - triple thunderbolt symbol for true dedicated charging IMG_0123.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning HyperFast 350kW EA chargers now being upgraded - triple thunderbolt symbol for true dedicated charging IMG_0124.JPG

Don't go to this old slow chager:
Ford F-150 Lightning HyperFast 350kW EA chargers now being upgraded - triple thunderbolt symbol for true dedicated charging 69690581081__0E25A5A9-B8BE-4AA4-AA81-CA997CEE4E48.JPG
Sponsored