• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning EA Charging for EV Dummies

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
No P&C VW* EA non-app iPhone session. Double-click side of iPhone for Apple Wallet. Choose the EA pass card, tap the EA NFC reader, make sure it's charging, walk away. "YMMV"

* - VW basically owns EA and can't write and rollout software updates well enough to enable P&C. Not one update in 15 months of USA ID.4 sales
Interesting...I haven't thought to try Apple wallet with EA yet even though I do it several times a week with Chargepoint. Next time....
Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Interesting...I haven't thought to try Apple wallet with EA yet even though I do it several times a week with Chargepoint. Next time....
I put YMMV in there because some folks can't seem to make it work. Make sure you do The Wave in fron of the correct reader (NFC symbol). You do have to go in and add the EA Pass to Wallet.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
I put YMMV in there because some folks can't seem to make it work. Make sure you do The Wave in fron of the correct reader (NFC symbol). You do have to go in and add the EA Pass to Wallet.
My Apple Watch has worked flawlessly with charge point stations. Of course, even though my experience with EA has been very good, "flawless" is not usually a term thrown around with them. ;)

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Currently, you cannot get EA’s member rate if you use P&C. So turn off P&C once you use up the gratis kWh. Hopefully, they can get this to work in the future.
Even if Ford ever fixes the ability to charge at lower rate, their plan is to charge $50 per year for that. EA charges $4 per month and you can turn this on and off by the month. So even then you may be better off turning off P&C, unless you road trip every month.
Sponsored