• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone else running into issues with EA 350kW stations?

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
When you report a bad scanner, make sure to use the feature in EA's app, vs. calling. That way you know it was logged.

In addition, note your experience in PlugShare.
I second PlugShare, I wish there was a rating system in Ford Pass.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I second PlugShare, I wish there was a rating system in Ford Pass.
There is. Scroll down when on the charger's page and click on Ratings and Reviews. Then, Leave Feedback.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
There is. Scroll down when on the charger's page and click on Ratings and Reviews. Then, Leave Feedback.
Well I learn something new everyday. Thank you.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Yes, the truck can only take so much but in this case Electrify America is restricting the charging rate. I usually see ~125kW from these stations, now they are giving 60kW.
You're going to have to give some context for the 60 kW limitation if you want feedback. What's the ambient temperature? Was the battery preconditioned? Are these the exact same chargers? What was your state of charge? Etc.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
You're going to have to give some context for the 60 kW limitation if you want feedback. What's the ambient temperature? Was the battery preconditioned? Are these the exact same chargers? What was your state of charge? Etc.
Ongoing problem to which EA only offers very lame excuses. On both of my recent road trips in my Lightning, I routinely got less than 50kW rates out of 350kW EA chargers... Even with ambient temps over 45 degrees (EA was trying to blame it on the cold). With my battery warm, was properly pre-conditioned, temp gauge right in the middle for motors and battery, I had just driven over 150 miles at 70+ MPH. My SOC at just over 25%... Everyone I encountered along the way at the EA chargers were having the same issues, regardless of their vehicle. EA is throttling people and call me a conspiracy theorist, but it seemed much worse at the per-minute charge locations.

I've had much better luck from the 150kW EA chargers as they seem to be more reliable, but still not great.

EA's charger hardware is junk. Complete and total junk. There is no other way to spin this. A quick look at the internals of one of their charging stations speaks volumes.

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
There’s a notification on the screen saying that they are restricting the charging rate.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
There’s a notification on the screen saying that they are restricting the charging rate.
These are probably the old first gen Signet units. Many of these have been derated due to module failures. These will eventually be replaced with the new BTC and Signet units, but it will be an annoying problem in the meantime.
Sponsored