• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Idle battery energy losses

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
A quick search did not turn up anything on this but I thought there were some posts on it. Apologies in advance if I missed them.
My truck has been sitting several days and it appears that it losses about 1 kWh per day as indicated by Est Distance to Empty.
Anyone else seeing this?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That is normal and actually low. Ford has one of the best parasitic battery drains for EVs so far. Telsas lose more and Rivian is having a real issue with this.

Remember, the truck is never truly "off". Systems stay on to monitor and maintain high voltage battery health, keep the 12V battery healthy, etc.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
My trucks been basically sitting for the past 7 days at the body shop because of a little dust nib I reported at delivery (taking fucking forever). Body shop ended up repainting the entire tailgate.....

I've only seen a percentage get knocked off. The truck has basically no drain for me.
Sponsored