• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Installing front camera washer on ‘23

First Name
Cullen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Logistics
I recently installed the illuminated grille logo and learned that my front camera doesn’t have a washer on the ‘23 model.

Wondering if anyone has done this install themselves and knows the right parts, steps, etc?
Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
No way. 2023s deleted the washer too?? Wow the decontenting really is a lot worse than I thought!

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
No way. 2023s deleted the washer too?? Wow the decontenting really is a lot worse than I thought!
Yea I think it’s pretty dumb considering the parts cheap @BennyTheBeaver added it to his pro so it’s definitely doable. Can’t believe they removed it from Platinum that’s very cheap of Ford.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Yea I think it’s pretty dumb considering the parts cheap @BennyTheBeaver added it to his pro so it’s definitely doable. Can’t believe they removed it from Platinum that’s very cheap of Ford.
Yeah, same. That's why at first I figured you maybe had a Pro or XLT, but I was shocked when I saw your profile listed a Platinum. I have a 2022 Lariat and I have the washer.

jefrank

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2004 BMW 330Ci
Yeah, same. That's why at first I figured you maybe had a Pro or XLT, but I was shocked when I saw your profile listed a Platinum. I have a 2022 Lariat and I have the washer.
Hmmmm, I don't think my '22 Lariat does or maybe I just never noticed.... have to check that out

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Mine has it. But none of my other cars with 360 cameras have it. From my perspective, it is something that is not needed and is only another thing to break.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Mine has it. But none of my other cars with 360 cameras have it. From my perspective, it is something that is not needed and is only another thing to break.
That’s my thought.

Mine has it, but I think it’s a complicated answer to a question that nobody asked. I’ve got a washer hose snaking through the hood hinge, trim panel, and into the logo.

I could use a rear camera washer frequently in the winter, but the front is nearly useless. It was neat to watch that one time I got curious and turned the camera on while pushing the button. 🥱

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
My 2022 Lariat has it, but it is broken (probably was from day 1). The part is on order and will be covered under warranty, but it did cost me several jugs of windshield washer fluid. Whenever I used the washer the fluid would continue to leak out of the camera area (almost like a siphon had been created). It didn’t happen every time, but often enough that it had to be fixed.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Hmmmm, I don't think my '22 Lariat does or maybe I just never noticed.... have to check that out
It does - park, turn your front camera button on and hit the windshield washer.

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
I could use a rear camera washer frequently in the winter, but the front is nearly useless. It was neat to watch that one time I got curious and turned the camera on while pushing the button. 🥱
As I haven't tried to use my truck in winter yet, I can't tell you how useful or not the front washer would be. But from past experience in other vehicles, I can tell you that I would really like one on the back!
I'm currently really enjoying the 360° camera, but I have to realize that it's going to be basically useless for 6 months of the year.
Sponsored