• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Interior carpet for Pro?

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Anyone know if the interior floor carpet from a 21 F-150 ICE would fit in the Lightning? I ordered the Pro, and am thinking about adding interior aftermarket carpet. I'm assuming it should be an exact fit being that so much of the lightning is the same as ICE, but don't want to dish out the cash before i know for sure. Otherwise shag or astro-turf it is..
Sponsored

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes it will fit. But you don't even see the carpet if you put floor mats down..

Deleted member 9341

Anyone know if the interior floor carpet from a 21 F-150 ICE would fit in the Lightning? I ordered the Pro, and am thinking about adding interior aftermarket carpet. I'm assuming it should be an exact fit being that so much of the lightning is the same as ICE, but don't want to dish out the cash before i know for sure. Otherwise shag or astro-turf it is..
I actually asked my dealer about that. He couldn’t say for sure until he has a VIN but assumes it’s probably the same and gave me an estimate of $2,000 (installed by them). Pass…at least on the install.

OP
OP

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Yes it will fit. But you don't even see the carpet if you put floor mats down..
It's not about aesthetics but more about insulating the cab better during the cold months for me, (and possibly dampening road noise). Trust me, I love the idea of vinyl flooring since its so easy to clean, but if I can squeeze out a few extra miles on longer winter trips by improving the heat retention a bit=less heater use, then it may be worth looking for some aftermarket options.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It's not about aesthetics but more about insulating the cab better during the cold months for me, (and possibly dampening road noise). Trust me, I love the idea of vinyl flooring since its so easy to clean, but if I can squeeze out a few extra miles on longer winter trips by improving the heat retention a bit=less heater use, then it may be worth looking for some aftermarket options.
I had the vinyl floor in my 2010 F150 and didn't notice any issues with insulation. In fact it may be better than carpet. Ford puts a pretty thick wedge of padded below it to make it soft/squishy.

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I would be surprised if Ford doesn’t put some decent insulation in the floor of the Pro to quiet it down. With the EV being so quiet it would be bad PR for all those workers who end up having a Pro work truck as their introduction to EV.

Pulling all the seats and installing the carpet isn’t that bad of a job. The hardest part will likely be disassembling the center console, the seats are simple to unbolt.

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
My only concern with the vinyl floor and vinyl seats is the smell. I dislike the strong plasticky rubber smell, especially on a hot summer day.
Sponsored