• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Issues with Ford Charge Station Pro setup.

KenWal

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
OK hoping someone can help with this. About 2 weeks ago, I got my Ford Charge Station Pro hooked up to an exterior 100A circuit. I got the Fordpass App (FPA) and the Charge Station Pro App (CSPA) and went through the set up process starting with the FPA and then into to the CSPA. I got all the way through into the CSPA, linked to the charger SSID wifi and then got to the part about linking to my home wifi. The app did find my home network but it showed as a weak signal and I think it timed out and sent me back out to an earlier step where its looking for the charge station pro. BTW the FPA works well with my Lightning.

I exited out at that point and tried to go through the setup process again and this time my phone couldn't find the Charge Station Pro SSID. Some further research I found that was a common problem with these chargers.

At that point I stopped and decided to fix the low wifi signal problem before going through the setup process again. The charge station is located on the exterior of my garage quite a ways from the router through several walls. I have an Orbi RVR 750 router, with 1 RBS750 satellite. So it wasn't hard for me to believe that it really was a low signal. Last week I went and bought another RBS750 satellite and located it directly next to the Charge Station Pro, maybe 2 ft away with no walls between. The satellite indicates that it has a solid signal from the router. With the network problem fixed I went through the setup process again with the FPA and CSPA. This time my phone did see the Charge Station Pro wifi signal and again I was able to connect my phone to it. The display light on the Charge Station Pro turned from blue to white, I think that indicates the phone is communicating with the Charger. I continued through the setup process on the CSPA, when I went to hook it to the home wifi, I got the same low signal indication that I had gotten initially and ultimately the charge was unable to link up to the home network and it kicked me back out to the "find a charge station pro" screen in the SCPA app. I tried the setup process again and again my phone was not able to see the Charger SSID.

Anyone got any ideas?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
In addition to what @Pioneer74 suggests, I also had to go into my Orbi settings and turn down the 5g network strength so that my phone and my FCSP were on the same network. while both were technically on the same network, initially the phone was on the 5g and the FCSP was on the 2.4g. Once I was able to get the FCSP connected to the network I went back in to turn the 5g up.

My FCSP only seemed to broadcast the ssid for a few min so once you take the cover off, I would leave it off until you are successful. You might need to reset a couple of times before you get it.

F150LER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Interesting. I still can’t get it. I’ll try turning off 5g.

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
It shouldn't matter which wifi bands you're on. Unfortunately, the Orbi tries to make wireless backhaul work correctly (wireless connection from the main router/wifi unit to the satellites, instead of wired) and in many cases, it simply sucks.

I eventually pulled wire from the router/wifi main unit to my satellite, and that solved most of the problems.

I had a heck of time getting through the whole FCSP setup process. The setup app hangs, it fails to connect to the charger, it hangs after you connect to the local wifi, and it fails to add the charger to Fordpass. I had to repeat most of the steps about a dozen times.

I think the webserver and the wifi in the FCSP don't work particularly well. The wifi portion has incredibly low signal strength, which is fairly normal for these embedded use case, but its really really low... lower than even things like Ring doorbells as an example.

And the webserver (the software that connects the FCSP to the internet) seems bug riddled, to the point that it seems to crash every so often.
Sponsored