• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Data Accuracy Issues with Charge Station Pro and Connected Charge Station

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Has anyone else noticed data accuracy issues with the information reported by the Ford Charge Station Pro and the Connected Charge Station subapp within FordPass?

Other than the data being held hostage within this app only and Ford not providing the important real-time charging data to users (e.g. actual power in kW, total kWh charged, etc.) consistently or in a way that users can access outside the unreliable FordPass app on their phone, I'm finding the information reported in the app to be inaccurate.

For example, yesterday I charged my F150 15% via FCSP, so that should be 19.65kWh. FordPass shows 15% charged from that session, but the Connected Charge Station UI shows 25kWh charged for that event. On top of that, my Tesla Gateway shows that just 20kWh were used during that time window, which makes sense because there was very little home usage while charging at that time. And the day before, Connected Charge Station shows 50kWh of charging, but my whole home used less than 40kWh that day, so I know that it's off as well.

My point here is that the FCSP data via Connected Charge Station does not appear to be accurate. Anyone else seeing this?

Also, is @Ford Motor Company listening to this feedback?
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I don't even look at the data from the FCSP. You're better off with the Emporia data, but IMO you'll have to not use the 50 CT's over 60 amps if you want reliable numbers. Get another main unit if you are charging at full rate.

Ford Motor Co doesn't care about stuff like this. We can't even get real time charge data at DCFC's. We're being treated like mushrooms.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Actually the Connected Charge Station data measurements are very close to my Emporia Vue2 data collection, but as you noted the charge session data where it shows miles added, etc is grossly understated, part of that problem is the conversion losses AC to DC in the trucks onboard AC/DC inverter(s)

Emporia chart for this mornings charge and preconditioning
Ford F-150 Lightning Data Accuracy Issues with Charge Station Pro and Connected Charge Station 1677001391339

As I am writing this reply, the Ford CCS database is glitching out once again, not loading my consumption data at the moment, I'll post this graphic later in the day when the hamsters come off break. Really Ford, the hamsters are late coming back from lunch break!
Ford F-150 Lightning Data Accuracy Issues with Charge Station Pro and Connected Charge Station 1677007406226

CCS Chart for energy delivered to the truck via FCSP showed 6.999 kWh this is all energy for charging, pre-conditioning, remote-starting and conversion losses inclusive.
Ford F-150 Lightning Data Accuracy Issues with Charge Station Pro and Connected Charge Station 1677007430011

The charging log on FORDPASS, told me this morning just prior to disconnecting that I took on ~5 kWh, I did not capture that image, and then after unplugging the converted charge record (where they removed the kWh value) is useless to me so I delete them after they post.

3% of an ER battery is 3.93 kWh

Ford F-150 Lightning Data Accuracy Issues with Charge Station Pro and Connected Charge Station 1677007446827

The actual time charging was 7:04 to 7:20 am this would represent the energy input to the battery ~4.3 kWh (15793/60*16) gross input imputed loss ~9%
Ford F-150 Lightning Data Accuracy Issues with Charge Station Pro and Connected Charge Station 1677007628376

The remaining time and energy was allocated to pre-conditioning & remote start.
Ford F-150 Lightning Data Accuracy Issues with Charge Station Pro and Connected Charge Station 1677007662693
Sponsored

Last edited: