• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lariat ER - Console lid doesn’t stay up

Mache_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT, 2023 Lightning, 2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Did you need two nickels on each side or just one? I used one but I think I needed two. The spring is a bitch too.
I went with one as I got tired of wrestling with the spring.Stays up now but may try 2 at some point if it annoys me. 😎
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Did you need two nickels on each side or just one? I used one but I think I needed two. The spring is a bitch too.
I used a quarter and a nickle under each side, just because I didn't have 4 nickles. I found that a long-shaft slot screw driver was the easiest thing to get under the spring then rotate a bit to lift the end of the spring. No lie, this did scrape the paint a bit, but I'm not going to notice in such a hidden location.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Someone on the other thread on this mentioned using vice grips to lift the tangs. That was the key for me! Could not get anything (screwdriver etc.) under the tangs to lift up. AT ALL. Locked the vice grips and then was able to focus on sliding the nickels in place.

Now works fine.

dgargano

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
IT Manager
Someone on the other thread on this mentioned using vice grips to lift the tangs. That was the key for me! Could not get anything (screwdriver etc.) under the tangs to lift up. AT ALL. Locked the vice grips and then was able to focus on sliding the nickels in place.

Now works fine.
Just did this today with one nickel under each side of spring. Vice grips did the trick. Genius idea, thanks to whoever suggested it. I'll see how it goes but might try 2 nickels eventually.
Sponsored