• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass doesn’t refresh

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Hi all, anyone had any issues with FordPass randomly not refreshing? We went on a day trip about 70 miles from home yesterday, and the app still thinks my truck is at our destination. It hasn’t refreshed since yesterday.

I’ve tried changing charge settings in the app and the connection fails. I’ve tried deleting the app and redownloading with no luck.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yeah, this is becoming a widespread issue since I experienced/reported it 3 weeks ago.

The only fix I was able to find is disconnecting and reconnecting the negative terminal on the LVB.

I have heard Ford is having a bunch of people looking at this as it has become widespread. Hopefully a software fix comes sooner than later.

Supposedly it is a MY23 issue, but not limited to the Lightning.

OP
OP

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Yeah, this is becoming a widespread issue since I experienced/reported it 3 weeks ago.

The only fix I was able to find is disconnecting and reconnecting the negative terminal on the LVB.

I have heard Ford is having a bunch of people looking at this as it has become widespread. Hopefully a software fix comes sooner than later.

Supposedly it is a MY23 issue, but not limited to the Lightning.
Hmm interesting. Did disconnecting the LVB reset your sync4 settings? Maybe I’ll give that a try today

Also, did the issue occur again after you disconnected the battery?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Hmm interesting. Did disconnecting the LVB reset your sync4 settings? Maybe I’ll give that a try today
Maybe but I don't think so, I need to disconnect the LVB for mine again today as well. I lost communication on the 26th.

OP
OP

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Maybe but I don't think so, I need to disconnect the LVB for mine again today as well. I lost communication on the 26th.
I called my dealers service department and they directed me to sales because they thought sales would know more about FordPass. Sales had me call ford customer service. Customer service had me try a few things to wake up the modem, but we were unsuccessful. So, they had me call my dealers service department 🤪

I have an appointment for Monday morning, they’ll be looking at the vehicle modem. I’ll let you know if I hear anything that might be a help to you as well.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My communication returned. Was offline for 4 days this time.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Also try FORCE STOPPING the app, then clear the cache, but DO NOT clear the credentials (they are your PAAK and other logon credentials).

Restart the app, it should automatically login and connect to the truck with a fresh call for data, if the truck does not respond, then it's a definitely truck-side or cloud account problem.

If you have trouble with LOGIN, then maybe your Fordpass account has a lock out condition, you can confirm that it is or is not locked out by logan into your FORD.COM account, if it throws an error code, then you have been locked out. Follow procedures via call to Ford customer services to get the ball rolling to unlock the account.

Heyitsjon4

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
It is an issue with the onboard modem if you turn on the truck and don't see the modem icon in the top right anymore. It looks like two arrows pointing up and down. Mine is intermittently down and I don't have any connected services including chare updates in the Ford pass app when it's not working. It is random when it decides to work. I have a ticket opened with ford and they said their engineers will address it after the holiday break with an update or I can take it to a dealer for a modem reset.

I have an apt for the end of January so we will see if that or the update comes first.

OP
OP

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
It is an issue with the onboard modem if you turn on the truck and don't see the modem icon in the top right anymore. It looks like two arrows pointing up and down. Mine is intermittently down and I don't have any connected services including chare updates in the Ford pass app when it's not working. It is random when it decides to work. I have a ticket opened with ford and they said their engineers will address it after the holiday break with an update or I can take it to a dealer for a modem reset.

I have an apt for the end of January so we will see if that or the update comes first.
Yep, that’s exactly what I have going on. No connected services in the truck at all. I have an appointment with the dealer for Monday

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Yep, that’s exactly what I have going on. No connected services in the truck at all. I have an appointment with the dealer for Monday
Don't think the dealer is gonna be able to do much, this is on the backend

OP
OP

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Don't think the dealer is gonna be able to do much, this is on the backend
Depends if it’s a software or hardware issue I would think. The modem is not connecting to the network so it could be either. Regardless, I think it’s a good idea to have them reboot it and get a record of it requiring service
Sponsored