• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Leather seats wear in Platinum trim

Marty80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ Lightning Platinum
i know there is a thread about Lariat leather seats wear but I was wondering if same issue has been noticed on Platinum trim? Anyone experienced the same as Lariat trim? 22 or 23? Did dealer had it replaced if it happened or what’s their take on that?
Sponsored

RTanton

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Platinum
No issues yet, but we are very careful to step up and over rather than slide in. We had a Chevy Tahoe experience wear on the doorside bolster.

b+ve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CLK63 AMG, MACH E
I received my Lariat Lightning today. The leather covers like over sized

Turbodonkey

First Name
Johnathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
The dealer has actually ordered another seat cover for mine as it came from the factory with a crease and too much leather material in the bottom.

Sponsored

sheldengildon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150
It's not uncommon for such problems to affect various trim levels. If you've noticed wear on your Platinum trim seats, it might be a good idea to discuss it with your dealer, especially if your vehicle is a 22 or 23 model. They should be able to provide insights into whether this is a known issue and what steps can be taken to address it.
And if you're interested in leather, Von Baer has a fantastic blog with all sorts of leather-related information. Checking it out could give you some great ideas on how to care for and maintain your seats or even upgrade them.

Last edited:

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
My Lariat looks great..
When I bought my 04 Lariat in 2015 it had Tan leather like new interior except the drivers side seat next to the door, previous driver must have slid in and out everyday. I use the running boards to get in and out of Lightning, I had to tell my wife not do slide out, she now has her own EV so my seats should look good for a long time.

My point is don't slide! :)
Sponsored