• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Have any of you with the Leer HF650M experienced water coming in between the panels where the hinges are located? I was checking for leaks following a pretty hard rain and noticed some drips coming through between each panel. I expect some water at the extreme ends but I had hoped the mid-section would be fairly water tight. Not sure if mine is defective in some way or if this is common.

Exact same issue with me, 5 months old and it developed a few "hot spots" along the folding seals, essentially leaking/dripping right in the center of the bed. I contacted LEER and they sent a replacement under warranty. New one has been on for 1 day and same exact issue, it still leaks (very slightly albeit) along the folding seals near the center. I'm at a loss at this point, I don't think LEER will give a full refund for warranty, but obviously getting another replacement will likely be the same issue and I regret purchasing this model. Highly disappointed, especially for a $1,000+ cover. Do not recommend buying this one if you're going for high-quality waterproof.

JoCox32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Exact same issue with me, 5 months old and it developed a few "hot spots" along the folding seals, essentially leaking/dripping right in the center of the bed. I contacted LEER and they sent a replacement under warranty. New one has been on for 1 day and same exact issue, it still leaks (very slightly albeit) along the folding seals near the center. I'm at a loss at this point, I don't think LEER will give a full refund for warranty, but obviously getting another replacement will likely be the same issue and I regret purchasing this model. Highly disappointed, especially for a $1,000+ cover. Do not recommend buying this one if you're going for high-quality waterproof.
That's frustrating, sounds like I might be in the same boat as you then. I will try to warranty claim my cover on that same basis to see if a new one fixes the issue but I am skeptical after seeing your experience. Did you have to pay to ship your old cover back? Or did they tell you to keep it?

OP
OP
Bbass5

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
Leaning towards this cover. Has anyone driven with just 1 section opened? What keeps the wind from blowing the section closed?
You are correct, if you drive with one section open, the wind will blow it closed. You’d have to strap it down some way to keep it from blowing over.

That’s the one con I have. But once you open the first panel, the second panel isn’t latched. And by the time you flip that’s second panMel, you might as well flip the third. And thethird panel has clips to lock it down to travel. So it’s either:
  • Fully closed
  • Partially opened with the last panel clipped down
  • Fully open with the prop rods holding it up

magvallo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB
That's frustrating, sounds like I might be in the same boat as you then. I will try to warranty claim my cover on that same basis to see if a new one fixes the issue but I am skeptical after seeing your experience. Did you have to pay to ship your old cover back? Or did they tell you to keep it?
I haven’t had this issue yet but my old trifold gaskets would slightly shrink in very cold weather. I definitely had more water in the winter months. I really like the leer over my previous cover. I knew I would have to deal with some water hopefully not a major defect.

Sponsored

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
they did not ask for the old one back, still trying to decide what to do with it, it’s sitting in my garage. I’m evaluating the new one to see which one leaks less, then probly sell the other to recoup some of the cost I lost in a $1k+ cover that can’t even keep out rain.

ISLANDF150

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT FX4 3.5L Ecoboost
On autoaccessoriesgarage.com it says the leer HF650M is not compatible with drop in bedliners. But on other sites it says it is compatible. Close to pulling the trigger on this while I wait for my truck but I'm getting a drop in bedliner so want to ensure it will work. Anyone have any knowledge/experience with this?

Raicilla

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat SCREW AMB 157" PowerBoost 7.2kW
Outstanding write-up! I'll be adding the Leer to my PB, me t'inks...

I see your "fully-folded-open" photo with your 5.5' bed. BIG Thanks:
Ford F-150 Lightning Leer HF650M Tonneau Cover Review with Photos! - Install & First Impressions img_6468-jpe
The brake light (and camera) are still usable (as you note). The "quad-fold" really looks like the way-to-go.

Does anybody have a similar photo of the Leer HF650m on the 6.5' bed? Specifically, how much "taller" are the fully-folded panels? Is the cyclops still visible and is the bed camera still useable?

Other thoughts?

Thanks in advance: :D {this forum is so helpful!}

TF1000

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Prius Prime, 1996 Ram 1500
Can anyone who owns the leer 650 confirm where it's made? Getting conflicting info on whether it's China or USA. Will go with Bakflip mx4 if the Leer is Chinese made.
Thanks
Sponsored