• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
I thought I’d add my two cents on my Leer soft top install. I reckon I watched every tonneau review video out there but struggled with which direction to go. Ultimately, I really only wanted something to help keep the snow out of the bed here in Northern IL.

I don’t haul tools or expensive equipment in the bed. So, I wasn’t up for spending $1K on a hard top. This Leer top is well made and has the same quick latch system they use on their hard tops. It was listed in most places at around $450 but I caught it on sale at autoanything.com for $333 with free shipping. Would recommend.

Ford F-150 Lightning Leer SR250 Soft Rolling Tonneau Cover installed and impressions 39A71A3E-176B-4D14-876F-EA7336A66661
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
How well do you think it would keep rain out while on the freeway? Don't have snow, but we pack a lot when road tripping to see grandparents (especially for Christmas). So my primary concern is if we hit rain.

OP
OP
MJDore

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
How well do you think it would keep rain out while on the freeway? Don't have snow, but we pack a lot when road tripping to see grandparents (especially for Christmas). So my primary concern is if we hit rain.
I think it will be fine but haven’t tested. Some YouTube vids report that it stays mostly dry in a car wash test. Some leaks down inside of tailgate and front of bed.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Tubs with tight lids are a good idea if you really want dry cargo, no matter how you have the bed covered.
Pro tip, thanks! I'm new to both EV's and trucks so I've got my work cut out for me. :D

Sponsored

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Tubs with tight lids are a good idea if you really want dry cargo, no matter how you have the bed covered.
Yup, ditto on the tubs. Try to pick ones that have a lip that goes over the side, and as much as possible, won't allow standing water to collect on the lid.

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
Does look like a good deal, though...

OP
OP
MJDore

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
Still haven't tested. Hard to when you don't want to get the truck out of the warm, clean garage lol.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Did you look into the truxedo lo pro or x15 at all? This leer seems way more affordable and was wondering if you compared the two brands on anything other than price (if you compared that is). Looks sharp by the way.

OP
OP
MJDore

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
Did you look into the truxedo lo pro or x15 at all? This leer seems way more affordable and was wondering if you compared the two brands on anything other than price (if you compared that is). Looks sharp by the way.
I think so but, honestly, I watched so many YouTube videos I couldn't keep it straight. I think in the end it came down to this or a less expensive hard cover, likely something like the Gator EFX Tri-Fold. But, this is really only a Winter season and "as needed" cover for me so I went cheaper. Also saw a couple of decent YouTube review of the Yitamotors soft roll-up on Amazon ($200). But once the Leer went on sale at autoanything.com I jumped on it.
Sponsored