• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Level 2 Charging Fault

Jenovalente

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Follow up to my follow up. My charging issue came back and this time, nothing I could do would fix it. Removing the location and settings in the app would cause the charger to restart, but it would immediately fault again. I was able to DCFC, though.

Finally took it into the dealership for the other CSB/recall issues and had them take a look again. Bingo, SOBDM was bad. They ordered a replacement SOBDM (Part LK9Z 10B689). Ordered on emergency basis so hopefully this finally resolves the issue. I will keep you all posted.
A scan of my 6/23 truck shows that this module is bad as well. Would you know where in the truck it is located?

Thanks!
Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
A scan of my 6/23 truck shows that this module is bad as well. Would you know where in the truck it is located?

Thanks!
according to the dealership, it was located under the frunk liner. It was the dealership’s first attempt and they got it replaced much faster than they anticipated. I’ve been able to charge perfectly since the replacement!

Jenovalente

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
according to the dealership, it was located under the frunk liner. It was the dealership’s first attempt and they got it replaced much faster than they anticipated. I’ve been able to charge perfectly since the replacement!
Awesome. On one parts diagram, it looked like it was above the rear motor, which would have been a huge pain.

Thanks for your response!

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Mine is bad now too. The one under the Frunk liner is the main charger. The dealer tells me there are no SOBDM modules available in North America. They don't know how long it will take to get it.

Any ETA on yours @FinsNBolts ?

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Mine is bad now too. The one under the Frunk liner is the main charger. The dealer tells me there are no SOBDM modules available in North America. They don't know how long it will take to get it.

When mine was completed months ago, my dealer was able to expedite the delivery. I believe it took them one week to get the part, maybe even less. I can’t remember the exact timing because I was also waiting for the CSP taillight bar replacement to come in, too.

Jenovalente

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

Sorry, that blows.
Dealing with getting the dealer to acknowledge mine is bad.
Hope you get yours replaced soon.
Sponsored