• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Commuter LVB to 56% in 6 hours

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Daily commute 90-100 miles. 14,700 miles in 7 months. Tuesday morning I noticed a few odd things. Interior lights failed to go on after driver door opened and proximity tone sounded like a dying songbird. I’d been getting electrical drain notices previous week so I began plugging in my Veepeak OBD dongle and discovered that when I left work after the truck sat outside all day 9-10
hours in 28 degree weather the LVB discharged from 100% to 66%, 100%-86%, 100%-56% today (in 6 hours) three workdays (leaving in afternoon) in a row. This morning the lights, proximity tone, plus steering wheel heat would not work so I called Astoria Ford and Taylor quickly diagnosed a likely bad battery monitor, then called me back an hour later with more news. The part’s on a recall and is back ordered 4 weeks and with the added info of no OTA updates (at all) in 7 months, there’s likely another related diagnostic issue (as noted in the forum). Astoria Ford service is very good and they’ve got savvy diagnosticians-techs who seem to know their stuff. And thanks to this forum for tipping me off on likely issues. It’ll take a day at the dealer w/me driving a loaner. Plus a fingers crossed month of driving. My daily routine is on the charger, precondition in morning so the LVB always starts at 100%.

I did get a nice sunset.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Commuter LVB to 56% in 6 hours IMG_2568
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jseis

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One follow up- The frunk won’t open with the external button but will with the fob and internal (dash) button.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
One follow up- The frunk won’t open with the external button but will with the fob and internal (dash) button.
All doors must be unlocked for external button to work. It makes sense to me.

OP
OP
Jseis

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All doors must be unlocked for external button to work. It makes sense to me.
I’ve never had that happen with the fob in hand, the truck always recognized the fob on walk up and allowed the external button to work. I just noticed odd things happening when LVB was low/typically under 80% charge.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve never had that happen with the fob in hand, the truck always recognized the fob on walk up and allowed the external button to work. I just noticed odd things happening when LVB was low/typically under 80% charge.
Mine is a pro and has always worked like this. I thought my truck was possessed then I realized sometimes I double unlock with fob and sometimes single and that was the only difference. That said, low voltage 12V can do all kinda crazy stuff.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine is a pro and has always worked like this. I thought my truck was possessed then I realized sometimes I double unlock with fob and sometimes single and that was the only difference. That said, low voltage 12V can do all kinda crazy stuff.
I think the proximity unlock works differently in Pro vs Lariat.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine just dropped from 78% to 41% in 20 hours. Let us know what difference replacing the BMS made.

OP
OP
Jseis

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Will do. Our LT was an April ‘23 build purchased late June ‘23. Our weather is back into the high 40’s, curious as to how LVB charging will respond.. or not.
Sponsored