• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Delivery- "error codes"

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Dealers are getting error codes prolonging deliveries. This guy in reddit is back in the shop waiting for a solution.

Error codes
Sponsored

Last edited:

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
If it is exhaust error codes, there is one example of reuse of existing parts/SW not working out. Hopefully the errors are not due to early failed activation:eek:

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Wonder if this kind of issue was something they are trying to prevent with the early builds (April's) not being released, updated, and/or shipped yet. I hope they get their truck back soon.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Got my ER Lariat on Monday and there were no codes that kept me from driving off. There was an error but it was for a front parking sensor (the one on the left next to the cruise radar in the bumper). They said they were going to order a sensor. When I got home I pulled the trim piece off and wiggled the wire and applied a bit of pressure to the connector. And the next time I got in the truck the error was gone. I later connected my FDRS laptop up to check for codes and there were a couple of minor "loss of communication, network" type things that happen occasionally - non fatal, and I then reset all CMDTCs and disconnected. There were zero updates in my SW Updates list as pending. So no idea why in the Reddit thing there was mention of having to do updates, there shouldn't have been any.

Mike

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Well that will do it, loose connection.
Glad you figured it out, me I would be waiting for a switch. 😢

Last edited:

Sponsored

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
Got my ER Lariat on Monday and there were no codes that kept me from driving off. There was an error but it was for a front parking sensor (the one on the left next to the cruise radar in the bumper). They said they were going to order a sensor. When I got home I pulled the trim piece off and wiggled the wire and applied a bit of pressure to the connector. And the next time I got in the truck the error was gone. I later connected my FDRS laptop up to check for codes and there were a couple of minor "loss of communication, network" type things that happen occasionally - non fatal, and I then reset all CMDTCs and disconnected. There were zero updates in my SW Updates list as pending. So no idea why in the Reddit thing there was mention of having to do updates, there shouldn't have been any.

Mike
Sorry to revive an old thread but had my EV Lariat for 2 days now and the only "error" i'm seeing so far is the front right bumper sensor has randomly been dinging/chiming and going away. I've seen others mention this and people stating it has to do with cold weather but I'm down here in FL with over 80 degree temps past 2 days and I've had the error pop maybe 5 times over 80mi of driving around. It goes away quickly but can you just clarify that all you did was disconnect and reconnect the sensor?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Sorry to revive an old thread but had my EV Lariat for 2 days now and the only "error" i'm seeing so far is the front right bumper sensor has randomly been dinging/chiming and going away. I've seen others mention this and people stating it has to do with cold weather but I'm down here in FL with over 80 degree temps past 2 days and I've had the error pop maybe 5 times over 80mi of driving around. It goes away quickly but can you just clarify that all you did was disconnect and reconnect the sensor?
Yeah, it's not weather related. My parking sensor closest to the cruise radar in the bumper on the left side has been intermittent since day one. Service advisor is aware, and since it works roughly 75% of the time, and I know it's a problem with the connector on the harness...and I also know what a PITA it is to take the entire bumper off to re-seat this connector, I've just been putting it off until my 10K checkup when I'll also get them to do the wiper recall (my wipers still work fine).

Attachments

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I have the middle right sensor doing the same thing. It is more of a nuisance, but I'm finally taking the truck in on Monday to have it taken care of.
Sponsored