• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Can you test out the scales with more accurate weights? Curious to see how close they are to being accurate

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Where all those people at who were convinced 1000 pounds of payload was going to be the difference between 300 and 400 miles of range :)

In all seriousness, I'm surprised how little weight does matter. I'm sure I've seen Munro complain about a part taking up an additional pound in an EV because of efficiency reduction. Seems like minor weight savings here and there really don't matter much.

Last edited:

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Where all those people at who were convinced 1000 pounds of payload was going to be the difference between 300 and 400 miles of range :)

In all seriousness, I'm surprised how little weight does matter. I'm sure I've seen Munro complain about a part taking up an additional pound in an EV because of efficiency reduction. Seems like minor weight savings here and there really don't matter much.
I'm no Munro apologist but I bet driving in stop and go traffic would have a noticeably different outcome than a constant speed highway test.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
I think what we are seeing here is the inefficiency in drag of a truck. If the truck was not a box pushing in the air, the weight should make more difference. This does not hold true for towing, likely due to much more weight, drag, and added rolling resistance of the trailer tires.
Sponsored