• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Order Placed -- Change Color?

mrbr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
Went with the Atlas Blue... but now i'm pretty sure I want to go Carbonized Gray... Should I change/is it easy to change? Thoughts.
Sponsored

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
This is like a multiple choice test in school, your first choice is usually the correct choice. Don't second guess yourself. Stick /w the Blue.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
If you decide to change, it is a simple call to the dealer. You can do it anytime up until you have a build date.

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F-150 SLT 4x4 ; soon to have 2022 Ford L
Occupation
Engineer
So I tried that.. I ordered Atlas Blue back in April, but wanted Antimatter blue. Called my dealer 1 day after the order. They confirmed to me a couple days later that they confirmed a switch to Anitmatter blue. (Sadly, I only got a voicemail, not an email so I can't go after the original guy)
I never saw a change on my webpage, and probably should have checked back to re-reconfirm. During this time, my dealer went through an ownership change, and customers got shifted around, so I got another salesperson handling my order.
Fast forward to September, when I received a VIN and a build week notification. I saw no change on the Ford website. I called my new salesperson and asked her to confirm the paint color. She saw only the original paint color. She told me to call the Ford help number, claiming she didn't have much ability to affect things.
I called the Ford number (800-392-3673) during normal business hours and said that they did not have any other information or ability to control the process. They referred me back to my dealer.

My information is in the tracker, order # 11151188 . Latest Ford build week (from customer service) was slid until 10/10. I do not yet see a window sticker.

I just feel like I"m paying a lot of money to have to settle for something being out of whack, when I definitely did everything I could to resolve the issue early.

Thanks for anyone that has an idea for what I might be able to do. And a bigger thank you to the forum moderators and creators, this really is a big help for all of us making the big jump to electric!

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
So I tried that.. I ordered Atlas Blue back in April, but wanted Antimatter blue. Called my dealer 1 day after the order. They confirmed to me a couple days later that they confirmed a switch to Anitmatter blue. (Sadly, I only got a voicemail, not an email so I can't go after the original guy)
I never saw a change on my webpage, and probably should have checked back to re-reconfirm. During this time, my dealer went through an ownership change, and customers got shifted around, so I got another salesperson handling my order.
Fast forward to September, when I received a VIN and a build week notification. I saw no change on the Ford website. I called my new salesperson and asked her to confirm the paint color. She saw only the original paint color. She told me to call the Ford help number, claiming she didn't have much ability to affect things.
I called the Ford number (800-392-3673) during normal business hours and said that they did not have any other information or ability to control the process. They referred me back to my dealer.

My information is in the tracker, order # 11151188 . Latest Ford build week (from customer service) was slid until 10/10. I do not yet see a window sticker.

I just feel like I"m paying a lot of money to have to settle for something being out of whack, when I definitely did everything I could to resolve the issue early.

Thanks for anyone that has an idea for what I might be able to do. And a bigger thank you to the forum moderators and creators, this really is a big help for all of us making the big jump to electric!
I can't speak to a color change but I was able to add a tow technology package to my build after the VIN was generated through my dealer. The helpline wasn't able to help at all. The dealer was limited in what adjustments they could make but I imagine if they cannot do it the helpline couldn't either.
Sponsored