• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
You might remember that there were pictures running around a few weeks ago of wha people thought were Area 51 2023 Lightnings?
Correct, but the Lightning doesn't have Area 51.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
_DSC0469.jpg

Photographing off-white is a PITA..
Thanks for the info. I must say, I am skeptical. However, if this is Avalanche...I'm one happy guy.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Taken today at the Ford Event and Conference Center that's across the street from The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 7.49.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 7.49.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 7.50.25 PM.png

Thank you for these pics! I literally just responded on another thread how I was hoping for real life pics. I ordered Avalanche a few weeks ago. I've been waffling as I haven't seen any actual photos of it on the L until now. For the naysayers you can clearly see the white car in the background compared to the L.

I just sold a space white 22 lariat 5.0 for a Powerboost I ordered. I ABSOLUTELY loved the Space White. I received so many compliments in the short time I had that truck. From online pics, I was afraid Avalanche would be a more brown base compared to SW, but these pics make it look pretty close.

These colors (both space white and avalanche) are truly interesting and hard to grasp in photos vs real life. I had folks think my truck was white, baby blue in overcast, silver etc. It is really a cool color. It appears Avalanche just from the responses on this thread will be the same way.

Now I hope to see some shots soon in 311A form.

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Thank you for these pics! I literally just responded on another thread how I was hoping for real life pics. I ordered Avalanche a few weeks ago. I've been waffling as I haven't seen any actual photos of it on the L until now. For the naysayers you can clearly see the white car in the background compared to the L.

I just sold a space white 22 lariat 5.0 for a Powerboost I ordered. I ABSOLUTELY loved the Space White. I received so many compliments in the short time I had that truck. From online pics, I was afraid Avalanche would be a more brown base compared to SW, but these pics make it look pretty close.

These colors (both space white and avalanche) are truly interesting and hard to grasp in photos vs real life. I had folks think my truck was white, baby blue in overcast, silver etc. It is really a cool color. It appears Avalanche just from the responses on this thread will be the same way.

Now I hope to see some shots soon in 311A form.
Make sure you look at his color corrected pictures, the ones you are referencing don't show the amount of gray in it properly.

Sponsored

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
So it also looks like it has the color matched rear bumper. On the XLT build and price it shows color matched bumper but on the fine print and my order form, it says chrome bumper. I really prefer the color matched bumper. Anyone know what the XLTs will really have?

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Make sure you look at his color corrected pictures, the ones you are referencing don't show the amount of gray in it properly.
The non corrected pics looks pretty much how my space white photographed. Not sure why you are fighting it. This is Avalanche.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
The non corrected pics looks pretty much how my space white photographed. Not sure why you are fighting it. This is Avalanche.
Not fighting anything, Avalanche is not similar to Star White as much as you want it to be. Aside from being a Gray base, it also has no metallic...it is a flat paint.

The OP stated that (the pictures you are referencing) is not how Avalanche looks in real life.

He posted a corrected photo which does look like the Avalanche color code previously used on other Ford models. Avalanche is new to Ford Lightning, not new to Ford and it uses the same color code as those previous models used.

Here is that photo (photo courtesy of @emulsifide ):

Ford F-150 Lightning Spotted: Avalanche Lightning XLT (new 2023 color) _DSC0469 (1)

Sponsored

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
This is excellent. Figured if Avalanche was good enough for the Shelby GT350, good enough for my Pro (Lead Foot was my first choice.) Thanks for posting.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Now if only we can get true, in-person pics of Azure Grey Metallic not from random spy shots because I've seen dark blue to robin egg blue and not sure I'm sold on it even though it's been ordered :D
Sponsored