• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Line X wheel wells?

Treycash

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello all,

Is anyone going to Line X their wheel wells? I was considering it but wanted to see what ever one else was planning on doing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
I'm getting their undercoating (value guard) put on, my local Line-X said they guarantee it and the rust protection additive for life

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I'm getting their undercoating (value guard) put on, my local Line-X said they guarantee it and the rust protection additive for life
They’re gonna cover the underbody with the black Line-x stuff they use in the beds or another product from their brand? The first option sounds like it would make the truck almost last forever

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They’re gonna cover the underbody with the black Line-x stuff they use in the beds or another product from their brand? The first option sounds like it would make the truck almost last forever
It's not a Line-X owned material, it's somewhere between FluidFilm and the heavy wax based coatings, so it's not something I have to reapply every year, but it's not one of those heavy rubberized materials that can crack and allow rust to develop. I'll find a link to the description and post it belowhttps://www.linexvb.com/page/beach-undercoatings

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
It's not a Line-X owned material, it's somewhere between FluidFilm and the heavy wax based coatings, so it's not something I have to reapply every year, but it's not one of those heavy rubberized materials that can crack and allow rust to develop. I'll find a link to the description and post it belowhttps://www.linexvb.com/page/beach-undercoatings
what do they actually cover? if it is the body I thought that was AL - is rust still a problem with these trucks? I know the frame, axle, exhaust can develop rust

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
what do they actually cover? if it is the body I thought that was AL - is rust still a problem with these trucks? I know the frame, axle, exhaust can develop rust
They cover stuff like the axles and differentials, etc, there's still a lot of steel in the truck, and a lot of the parts underneath are included in that

HawkeyeOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Did you happen to get a quote for having the underbody done?

Do you have any of the rust “patina” on the underside of your truck?

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you happen to get a quote for having the underbody done?

Do you have any of the rust “patina” on the underside of your truck?
I haven't gotten my truck yet, they quoted me I 650, but that's with a discount of 50

JakeFlorida

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 5.0L, 4x4, Max Tow, 2 tone paint
I just had my truck bed done with LineX premium last week. Looks awesome.... They were $170 for two wheel wells but only while they were doing the bed. I decided I will go with the Ford wells instead since the Ford plastic wells cover the gap between the bed and frame for a cleaner look.

Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Lead Training Manager, Design
My Line-X Premium was $650 and the undercoating was $225 for the entire underside including wheel wells.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I see that there are different Line-x Spray-in bed liner options. What are the differences? Also, is it worth getting the undercoat (I live in northeast Ohio and Salt is everywhere all winter).

Thanks.
Sponsored