• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Loose Cables

markdudley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lighning
I think these have something to do with the towing package. I noticed some cables hanging down from the drivers side unde the rear of the bed. It looks like they should be connected, but I'm not sure why. Should I go ahead and plug them in? They would definitely fit, but I don't kinow how they got unplugged or they were never pluggled in in the first place.
Ford F-150 Lightning Loose Cables IMG_1065.JPEG
Sponsored

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Pretty sure those are for the pro power in the bed. Is yours working? I would honestly just plug it in.

Sponsored
OP
OP

markdudley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lighning
Yes I do have a spray in bed liner. Dealer did it when I bought the truck, but it is after-market.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Then 100% those are the propower connections that they didn't reconnect. And if it waS high voltage like the 400v system the cables would be orange, not just wrapped in some orange tape. Save yourself the dealer visit and plug them back in

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Then 100% those are the propower connections that they didn't reconnect. And if it waS high voltage like the 400v system the cables would be orange, not just wrapped in some orange tape. Save yourself the dealer visit and plug them back in
Test the Pro Power before, and then after. When you validate that this is the issue, make sure the dealer knows the tech didn't put things back together. They can't improve if they aren't told.

me!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lightning
I had an after market spray in bed liner and then had issues with my Pro Power in the bed. They forgot to plug it back in.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Doesn't matter if it is to the Pro Power or not...it is still high voltage. It will just depend on if it is AC 240 V or DC 400 V. If this was on our test truck (and we have disconnected/reconnected that plug), the individual plugging it in must be trained to high voltage AND have properly rated high voltage gloves on.

But you do you :rolleyes:
Sponsored