• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Just remember that range will always vary

Could this be the SR?

Ford F-150 Lightning Mike Levine Tweets 100% Charge @ 288 miles FPiYTEaXwAQAzA9
Ford F-150 Lightning Mike Levine Tweets 100% Charge @ 288 miles FPiYTEeXwAIkFOb
Sponsored

Last edited:

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
25% over EPA versus 10% under EPA if standard or extended respectively. The safe answer would be this is extended range and weather conditions or trip history are derating the GOM. However, the truck is at a level 2 charger suggesting this is not traveling long distance and needing a DCFC recharge. So I'll hope this is on a SR and this photo is posed - why else the emphasis on the GOM?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
25% over EPA versus 10% under EPA if standard or extended respectively. The safe answer would be this is extended range and weather conditions or trip history are derating the GOM. However, the truck is at a level 2 charger suggesting this is not traveling long distance and needing a DCFC recharge. So I'll hope this is on a SR and this photo is posed - why else the emphasis on the GOM?
I don't disagree, but the GOM almost always gives what the battery has at rest, which indicates either really good news for the SR or some really shitty news for the ER.

The GOM is not estimating any kind of real world range - that only happens when driving.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
I don't disagree, but the GOM almost always gives what the battery has at rest, which indicates either really good news for the SR or some really shitty news for the ER.

The GOM is not estimating any kind of real world range - that only happens when driving.
Looks like it was 38F in Detroit today, and Levine might have been trying to show the welcome graphic and not make a grand point about SR exceeding expectations. I'm going with ER, which isn't that bad at that temperature if being honest with the range guess ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150

My guess would be that is the ER and the range is down due to the cold. Welcome to the world of EV's, cold weather is a killer on range.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I know this shouldn’t be a direct comparison, but just to give you an idea. My Tesla Model 3 with 30k at 100% was still pumping out 295 miles in the winter, battery range was supposedly 325 miles. Granted winter in my area is 35 degrees.

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
My guess would be that is the ER and the range is down due to the cold. Welcome to the world of EV's, cold weather is a killer on range.
the only way to tell is by the lower portion of the front bumper:

Ford F-150 Lightning Mike Levine Tweets 100% Charge @ 288 miles 056EC0AF-8490-4395-886B-AE7B4FAEB634

Ford F-150 Lightning Mike Levine Tweets 100% Charge @ 288 miles 4410CBA7-09CC-49CE-B195-F183ADF050F0

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
grill", mirrors and wheels combo suggests xlt er

Not sure why OP assumed standard range.

You can look at the hubs and see it is an extended range.

Plus, 288 range on standard is 3miles/kwh. Which can totally be achieved in a truck. . . going down hill.

C'mon people with the battery size it's elementary math to come up with range expectations, and I'm afraid that any standard driving will net likely a maximum of 245... Not like you'd really notice it as that's driving city streets.

288 range is pretty much exactly where a lot of people will likely be very happy to get for efficiency... 2.2miles/kwh X 131 is 288.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Not sure why OP assumed standard range.

You can look at the hubs and see it is an extended range.

Plus, 288 range on standard is 3miles/kwh. Which can totally be achieved in a truck. . . going down hill.

C'mon people with the battery size it's elementary math to come up with range expectations, and I'm afraid that any standard driving will net likely a maximum of 245... Not like you'd really notice it as that's driving city streets.

288 range is pretty much exactly where a lot of people will likely be very happy to get for efficiency... 2.2miles/kwh X 131 is 288.
I asked the question, I didn’t say it was the SR.;)

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Ford F-150 Lightning Mike Levine Tweets 100% Charge @ 288 miles Screenshot_2022-04-04-21-12-29-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

43-46 degrees Saturday, Sunday Monday in Dearborn so not that cold, especially for Michigan. Seems about right with ER and temps, but who knows how the driving habits and style. It's a fun 'Elon' type of image drop. Can't read too much into it but the pride is obvious and refreshing for a 100+ year old automaker! Henry would be proud and and Edison would have said, told you Henry, Electric autos are the future! ☺. Where Henry would retort, as long as you got power lines Tom. Earthquake, major disaster, war, we'll keep making our ICE vehicles for a long time!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Those of us in TX hitting highs of 80's can't be held responsible for worrying about those kinds of temps in April :cool:☀

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
You didn't ask... You clearly stated it is the SR in the title of your post.

It's not the SR. Your post is incorrect.
My post is asking if it could be an SR..... the Title was modified by Admin, I never put that title on this thread.

As far as the bumpers, the lower portion on the SR seems to be silver while the ER is all black. Unless it's just a bad graphic put on by the Ford team on the build page, which they are known for.

You guys are most likely correct, it is an ER.
Sponsored