• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Module Updates - Truck runs better?

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
For those of you that have updated the non Sync & Blue Cruise related modules do you feel that your truck just runs better? I was telling my wife yesterday that maybe it's just a placebo effect but I swear my truck shifts better, accelerates better and overall does better.

I have no clue what the Driver and Passenger Door modules updated did but maybe even my doors open smoother :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I updated a few weeks ago with the Nano and did also feel like my Powerboost is running better.

BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
For those of you that have updated the non Sync & Blue Cruise related modules do you feel that your truck just runs better? I was telling my wife yesterday that maybe it's just a placebo effect but I swear my truck shifts better, accelerates better and overall does better.

I have no clue what the Driver and Passenger Door modules updated did but maybe even my doors open smoother :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
there was an update for DSP which seems to have greatly improved the B&O sound system too.

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
there was an update for DSP which seems to have greatly improved the B&O sound system too.
When did the DSP update happen. Do you have 8 or 16 speaker system

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
The DSP update was available for me a couple weeks ago. Not sure when it was actually released. I have the standard B&O system.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I hate following up my own post with another, but here it is. I do question the people that supposedly had the dealer perform the harsh shifting TSB after my experience. After updating my PCM and clearing the shift tables, shifting has been significantly better. I've put about 600 miles on it (I think) and it has been over a week of driving and has yet to revert back to harsh shifting. It would be interesting to see if the dealership ACTUALLY updated the PCM as the TSB states to do. I feel like the tech probably just reset the shift tables and that was it. There is a new PCM update that came out with the latest round, so it will be interesting if it further improves shifting.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
My shifting on my 3.0 Powerstroke has been much better post updates.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
So, after the second PCM update today, I feel like Ford made one step forward and one step back. I had a few shifts that made an audible clunk, but I didn't really feel much in the cab. However, the truck did seem to do better in all electric. I'm going to wipe the adaptive shift tables tomorrow or Monday night to see if that helps it out.

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
I hate following up my own post with another, but here it is. I do question the people that supposedly had the dealer perform the harsh shifting TSB after my experience. After updating my PCM and clearing the shift tables, shifting has been significantly better. I've put about 600 miles on it (I think) and it has been over a week of driving and has yet to revert back to harsh shifting. It would be interesting to see if the dealership ACTUALLY updated the PCM as the TSB states to do. I feel like the tech probably just reset the shift tables and that was it. There is a new PCM update that came out with the latest round, so it will be interesting if it further improves shifting.
if you use FDRS you can actually see the history of what the technician at the stealership did.

ksimon123451

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Before updates I was getting around 20-21mpg on the highway now I am getting 23-25mpg and runs great.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Definate improvement in electric mode for me, as well as overall driveability. Before the update I never saw it in Electric mode over 50 mph but yesterday I was slowing down from 70 and it went into electric. Can't really put my finger on exactly what feels different in the driving now but it is different/better feeling than what it was.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
My question is, when you updated the PCM, did you reset the adaptive shifting tables? Because doing that always results in better shifting to me.
Sponsored