• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My Lightning came in today...I'm not going to buy it.

• Thread starter Deleted member 9811
  • Start date
  • Watchers 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

bartlee

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Designer
Going from a late model Volvo (XC90 or V90) to the Lariat will be somewhat of a challenge if one expects to have Volvo level finishes in the Ford truck.
I already owned an F-150 and was perfectly happy with the interior. The Volvo is nice, but I'd rather have the larger screen and fold out work surface, I will use the hell out of that.

That being said, when I take delivery of mine this summer (or fall), if they're going for over $100k on carsandbids, I'll probably be tempted to sell it and wait to buy one for myself when the hype dies down and supply is more plentiful.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 9811

Off Topic

@rugbysecondrow Is there a story to go with your avatar? It looks like a 1964 Chevy C10 Stepside with the smaller rear window.

The first vehicle I ever drove/owned was a '63 C10, small window, 230 c.i. straight six, 3-on-the-tree. It was one of those '1% trucks'. My father bought it used in 1965 to tow the boat he bought because the 1959 Pontiac Chieftain wasn't up to towing. Then, he used the truck to haul the woodworking tools home from Sears. He needed them to replace the oak bed after it rotted out from sitting around waiting to tow the boat. He said he could buy a radial arm saw and table saw and all the rest for under the $400 they wanted to replace the bed. I still have the tools.

He sold me the truck when I turned 16 for $300 of paperboy money. I drove it all through the '70s. I learned how to fix just about anything from fixing that truck. When they put up the poll this morning about, "Have you driven/owned a full-sized truck?", I answered "no". To me, those older trucks look small sitting next to today's vehicles. I've been driving a tiny 2000 Frontier for 22 years. The Lariat will be the most expensive vehicle I've ever bought by a factor of 3x. I know that I'll enjoy it, but I'm quite sure the next vehicle I buy will be smaller.
It is also a truck I own. I trailered it home and drive it once every week or so.

I have always loved the classic C-10s, especially the step-sides. My first car was a 1972 Chevelle and a buddy had a 64' step-side. I always coveted his, the only car I actually coveted, and I always wanted one. They look amazing from every angle, they are curvy and sexy, and they just feel proper. Mine is an update original truck. 230 inline 6, 3 on the tree...just a classic cruiser.

Thanks for asking.

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
It is also a truck I own. I trailered it home and drive it once every week or so.

I have always loved the classic C-10s, especially the step-sides. My first car was a 1972 Chevelle and a buddy had a 64' step-side. I always coveted his, the only car I actually coveted, and I always wanted one. They look amazing from every angle, they are curvy and sexy, and they just feel proper. Mine is an update original truck. 230 inline 6, 3 on the tree...just a classic cruiser.

Thanks for asking.
this is all great. Appreciate hearing the story.

but at the same time, you continue to be all 007 on the simple

Color and Dealer question?

is there a reason?
Did they have you sign a non disclosure? (Tongue firmly in cheek 😁)

just getting kind of weird how attentive you are to answering every other post.

again, full respect on your original comments.

Everyone has been so helpful in answering questions over the months I’ve been on the site.

would be super nice if you would oblige:

Color and Dealer ?

If you don’t mind.

many thanks 👍

OP
OP

Deleted member 9811

this is all great. Appreciate hearing the story.

but at the same time, you continue to be all 007 on the simple

Color and Dealer question?

is there a reason?
Did they have you sign a non disclosure? (Tongue firmly in cheek 😁)

just getting kind of weird how attentive you are to answering every other post.

again, full respect on your original comments.

Everyone has been so helpful in answering questions over the months I’ve been on the site.

would be super nice if you would oblige:

Color and Dealer ?

If you don’t mind.

many thanks 👍
A) it is not your business
B) I have not finalized the process with them. They are closed on Sundays and the salesman wasn't there on Saturday. I plan to finalize this Monday, tomorrow.
C) its not your business.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
@Administrator - likely time to just lock this thread. It isn't going to improve from here.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.