• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Nav needs to consider closest charger is at home

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Was driving home from the office the other evening and I knew I was cutting it close on battery range because of the cold. So I punched in Home on the Nav so I could see miles remaining to my destination vs. what the GOM was saying I had left for range.

The Nav refused to calculate a course straight home. Kept trying to get me to take a U-turn to go back to the closest charger (ironically at the office I just left).

Even when I got close to my house, it kept trying to route me to other chargers, most further away from my house than I already was.

@Ford Motor Company The Nav calculation of routes when charging is needed needs to take into consideration that people charge their vehicle at home. Especially if the destination is to go Home.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Can't you simply tell it to NOT add a charger to the route?

OP
OP

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Can't you simply tell it to NOT add a charger to the route?
Is that a feature? If so, I was unable to figure out how to do that.
(I was driving at the time, so was kind of not a good time to be learning advanced features of the nav. route planning.)
I

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I haven't been using the Ford Nav much. I know you can tell it to NOT add a charger to the route, but I'm unsure if you're using it, and it thinks you can't make it, whether it will then try to divert you. I can tell you that if you're not using Ford Nav, the vehicle doesn't try to get you to drive to a charger. I've arrived home with 2 or 3% left. I usually use ABRP for trips.

OP
OP

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
The Guess-O-Meter was saying 26 miles of range. My commute home is just slightly under 15 miles.

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
I agree with this as I have a trip I make twice a month and on the last leg home I'm cutting it close so I don't waste more time at the level 3 charger. The nav should know you can charge at home.
Sponsored