• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New York City

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Technically, all Lightning orders are supposed to be online only. Ford took reservations online starting May of last year, then they started inviting some of those customers to convert their reservation to an order stating January of this year. With over 200,000 reservations and only about 15,000 being produced this year, they had to pick resevations based on the position in line... AND the dealer's allocations.

For example. Toms Ford in Hazlet, NJ is only 15 minutes away, but they're only getting 3, so even if I was quick to make my reservation, but chose them as my dealer, I wouldn't stand a chance of getting one this year.

Once Ford invites you to place an order, it's supposed to be online only. Ford takes an additional $500 as a deposit and that's supposed to be all. Dana asked me to come in and leave another $1000 (which they were not supposed to do, but that's another story).

That said, if anyone cancels an order, the dealer is allowed to sell the truck as inventory (potentially with a markup). So... you can probably walk into their door and drive one home today if you are willing to pay extra for one of the "cancelled" orders.

Coincidentally, the very first Lightnings that came in the door were cancellations and they did sell them to people off the street who were not on the reservation list.

It's still pretty odd that people who placed a reservation a year ago for the most anticipated vehicle in history, and were lucky enough to get to convert to an order only a few months ago... would cancel when it arrives.
I hear ya, they never asked for the $1000 from me. I actually went in when they said they had one available today when I was calling to see if my vin was in. I went there said i'd take it, he came back with a $15,000 markup.
Sponsored

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I hear ya, they never asked for the $1000 from me. I actually went in when they said they had one available today when I was calling to see if my vin was in. I went there said i'd take it, he came back with a $15,000 markup.
It's such a joke.

How is it that they keep selling trucks at a premium from "Inventory", when they're only supposed to be sold to actual customers who placed orders online?

Meanwhile customers who actually ordered are still waiting for trucks to be built.

It's pretty obvious that they placed a bunch of fake orders... then moved them all to higher priorities so they arrived first and could be marked up when the (fake) customers cancelled.

I see no reason why ANY real customer who placed an order in January would cancel, yet they've done it again and again.

If Ford tracked the names of the buyers and matched them against the names on the reservations and orders they'd see that most of their sales weren't to the people who reserved the trucks.

The bottom line is that I was literally the second customer from their dealership to place a real order, yet mine has yet to be built, and somehow they've managed to build an inventory of premium priced trucks because of multiple customers who's trucks came in sooner and they all decided to cancel their orders.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's such a joke.

How is it that they keep selling trucks at a premium from "Inventory", when they're only supposed to be sold to actual customers who placed orders online?

Meanwhile customers who actually ordered are still waiting for trucks to be built.

It's pretty obvious that they placed a bunch of fake orders... then moved them all to higher priorities so they arrived first and could be marked up when the (fake) customers cancelled.

I see no reason why ANY real customer who placed an order in January would cancel, yet they've done it again and again.

If Ford tracked the names of the buyers and matched them against the names on the reservations and orders they'd see that most of their sales weren't to the people who reserved the trucks.

The bottom line is that I was literally the second customer from their dealership to place a real order, yet mine has yet to be built, and somehow they've managed to build an inventory of premium priced trucks because of multiple customers who's trucks came in sooner and they all decided to cancel their orders.
did you get yours yet or any news?

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
did you get yours yet or any news?
Still waiting. No communication from the dealer, but Ford sent me a VIN # a few days ago, and it says my build week is 8/8.

Meanwhile have you seen their crazy billboard on the side of the Outerbridge? It says “Under” 1000 Used Vehicles In Stock.

“Under” 1000? You might not have noticed the word “Under”. The font is literally 2000x smaller than the rest of the ad.

Technically, just about every dealer in the country has UNDER 1000 vehicles. :)

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still waiting. No communication from the dealer, but Ford sent me a VIN # a few days ago, and it says my build week is 8/8.

Meanwhile have you seen their crazy billboard on the side of the Outerbridge? It says “Under” 1000 Used Vehicles In Stock.

“Under” 1000? You might not have noticed the word “Under”. The font is literally 2000x smaller than the rest of the ad.

Technically, just about every dealer in the country has UNDER 1000 vehicles. :)
Still waiting for a build date lol, losing hope!

Sponsored
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Still waiting for a build date lol, losing hope!
The wait is driving all of us nuts.

I used to worry that I'd get it so late into 22 that I'd be better off getting a 23. I no longer worry about that. :)

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The wait is driving all of us nuts.

I used to worry that I'd get it so late into 22 that I'd be better off getting a 23. I no longer worry about that. :)
my build had a compatibility error (smart hitch and scales). had to get dana to remove them and then received an order confirmed email from ford right after

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Finally got scheduled for the week of 10/31/22. Been in contact with sales manager the whole time. Very responsive.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone dealing with Dana Ford in Staten Island. Did they start charging ADM with 2022 orders converted to 2023? The only thing I had before the model crossover was a printed Preview Order sheet, reflecting the price they were charging me. I asked for an updated sheet reflecting 2023 model and was told I will receive that when the vehicle arrives. The dealer ship has been good thus far, although a few order cancellations resulted in them having vehicles in the lot with a markup. Anyone with experience with this please let me know.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Anyone dealing with Dana Ford in Staten Island. Did they start charging ADM with 2022 orders converted to 2023? The only thing I had before the model crossover was a printed Preview Order sheet, reflecting the price they were charging me. I asked for an updated sheet reflecting 2023 model and was told I will receive that when the vehicle arrives. The dealer ship has been good thus far, although a few order cancellations resulted in them having vehicles in the lot with a markup. Anyone with experience with this please let me know.
I picked up my Lightning from Dana.

Their current policy is to honor the price from the Ford order, but they did manage to add a couple of bogus charges like maintenance and window etching... plus they mess around with financing, so it would be a good idea to finance or refinance on your own.

I found it odd that a the first bunch of customers would coincidentally cancel their orders just a few months after putting down the additional $500 deposit. That's what opened the door to the super high prices.

From what they told me, customers cancelled the orders... then they called customers who expressed interest and when they got there, the customers started a bidding war while they just sat back and waited for the final offer. Technically, they didn't increase the price, they just took the highest offer.

Sponsored

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I picked up my Lightning from Dana.

Their current policy is to honor the price from the Ford order, but they did manage to add a couple of bogus charges like maintenance and window etching... plus they mess around with financing, so it would be a good idea to finance or refinance on your own.

I found it odd that a the first bunch of customers would coincidentally cancel their orders just a few months after putting down the additional $500 deposit. That's what opened the door to the super high prices.

From what they told me, customers cancelled the orders... then they called customers who expressed interest and when they got there, the customers started a bidding war while they just sat back and waited for the final offer. Technically, they didn't increase the price, they just took the highest offer.
Congrats!, did you end up getting the 22 or 23? And with our without heated steering?!

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Congrats!, did you end up getting the 22 or 23? And with our without heated steering?!
I got a 22 XLT SR, and I ended up paying the upgrade to 312A specifically for things like that, especially for the upgrades to the passenger seat controls.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got a 22 XLT SR, and I ended up paying the upgrade to 312A specifically for things like that, especially for the upgrades to the passenger seat controls.
How did the tax credit work with Dana?

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
How did the tax credit work with Dana?
Basically, the only tax credit a dealer has control of is sales tax.

In New York, if you trade in another car, the sales tax will be based on the difference between the trade and the sale price. So, if you buy a $65,000 car and trade them a $50,000 car, you pay sales tax on $15,000.

That gives them a big opportunity to lower their trade price quite a bit because they know that if you don't trade, you don't get that savings.

In my case, if I sold my Mach-E to Carvana, I would get about $4600 more, but since I wouldn't have a trade, I would have to pay about $4400 more in sales tax.

They knew that, so they offered me about $4200 less than Carvana offered me on my trade.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Basically, the only tax credit a dealer has control of is sales tax.

In New York, if you trade in another car, the sales tax will be based on the difference between the trade and the sale price. So, if you buy a $65,000 car and trade them a $50,000 car, you pay sales tax on $15,000.

That gives them a big opportunity to lower their trade price quite a bit because they know that if you don't trade, you don't get that savings.

In my case, if I sold my Mach-E to Carvana, I would get about $4600 more, but since I wouldn't have a trade, I would have to pay about $4400 more in sales tax.

They knew that, so they offered me about $4200 less than Carvana offered me on my trade.
I meant the NYS EV Tac Credit. Sorry for the confusion.
Sponsored