• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NW deliveries

The Rogue Robot

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Paper pusher
Long story on the financing front which I won’t get into here/now, but it looks like I’ll have a way to buy the truck either way.

It’s been at the Portland ramp since 9/6 but should arrive by 9/17 so it looks like I won’t be able to drive off with the truck until next week. Just posting to let people know that an 11 day wait from the Portland ramp to your local Portland area dealer is a definite possibility . . .
Our truck sat at the Port in Portland for 7 days. They wait until there's a full load for a trip, then they ship. Our dealer got three vehicles from the transport, and there were another 5 or 6 on the truck to go to another dealer.
Sponsored

iokua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER / 2002 F350
Not what I want to hear about the wait time. I believe I also got to Portland on 9/6. Just waiting for a ride out to Doherty Ford now. ETA still says 9/13-9/19. I had hopes it could possibly be there early since it got in on the 6th. The suspense is killing me! Hopefully we have them by Monday if not sooner.
How did you confirm that your truck arrived in Portland? Mine is on its way with an eta of 9/25-10/1 to Doherty also.

Maple85

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
UPS Driver
How did you confirm that your truck arrived in Portland? Mine is on its way with an eta of 9/25-10/1 to Doherty also.
I used the chat function on Ford.com and they will provide the last known location.

At work today I drove by Doherty and I noticed they just got a Carbonized Gray Lariat in. I’m 95 percent sure it’s mine. No phone call or tracker update yet but crossing my fingers! Maybe tomorrow is the day.

iokua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I used the chat function on Ford.com and they will provide the last known location.

At work today I drove by Doherty and I noticed they just got a Carbonized Gray Lariat in. I’m 95 percent sure it’s mine. No phone call or tracker update yet but crossing my fingers! Maybe tomorrow is the day.
Thanks! I’ve been practicing my will power by not contacting chat too often even though tracing with rail car number has been absolutely worthless. However, if I drove by my truck sitting at the dealer I’d be sitting next to it until they gave me the keys. Not sure how you were able to drive by without stopping. Kudos. Hoping you get the call tomorrow.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
In my case, the dealer emailed me when it arrived in Portland but you could hit up Ford chat as well or maybe email your dealer and ask them to let you know when it gets to that stage.

Sponsored

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not what I want to hear about the wait time. I believe I also got to Portland on 9/6. Just waiting for a ride out to Doherty Ford now. ETA still says 9/13-9/19. I had hopes it could possibly be there early
You might want to check with Ford/your dealer on delivery date. Mine just slipped to 9/18-9/24. I know it's not the rail strike - that was averted (great for all of us!) this morning. Contacted Ford this morning via chat and they confirmed it's just sitting there at Terminal 6. Checking with my dealer as soon as they open this morning.

The Rogue Robot

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Paper pusher
Train travel by BNSF is hard to track as they don't have an open system. I found a guy online who was offering up location tracking and bought him some beer for his troubles.
Once it gets to Portland you should be able to track it using United Road. There's instructions out there on how to set that up as well.

iokua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Train travel by BNSF is hard to track as they don't have an open system. I found a guy online who was offering up location tracking and bought him some beer for his troubles.
Once it gets to Portland you should be able to track it using United Road. There's instructions out there on how to set that up as well.
Thanks for the tips; I did see the guy that offers to track the vehicles but held off contacting him with the looming strike since he probably has more to worry about. Now that it appears the strike may be averted i may reach out to him. I also tried registering with united road but was denied-they sent an email stating that registration/tracking was only for direct customers. Plus, my dealer said they may not even use a carrier from the port/terminal depending on availability. They have been taking a car load of salesman to the port to pick up vehicles.
I will probably just swing by the dealer and see if they have any info, but honestly I probably have more important things to do-they just aren’t as fun.

The Rogue Robot

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Paper pusher
Thanks for the tips; I did see the guy that offers to track the vehicles but held off contacting him with the looming strike since he probably has more to worry about. Now that it appears the strike may be averted i may reach out to him. I also tried registering with united road but was denied-they sent an email stating that registration/tracking was only for direct customers. Plus, my dealer said they may not even use a carrier from the port/terminal depending on availability. They have been taking a car load of salesman to the port to pick up vehicles.
I will probably just swing by the dealer and see if they have any info, but honestly I probably have more important things to do-they just aren’t as fun.
I think with United Road you have to put in your VIN into the tracker and search, then with the destination you can register yourself with the OVISS system. I don't remember exactly, but it's not registering with United Road as an account itself.

Maple85

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
UPS Driver
You might want to check with Ford/your dealer on delivery date. Mine just slipped to 9/18-9/24. I know it's not the rail strike - that was averted (great for all of us!) this morning. Contacted Ford this morning via chat and they confirmed it's just sitting there at Terminal 6. Checking with my dealer as soon as they open this morning.
Yup I’m starting to think my delivery date might slip too. My order page still shows a 9/13 to 9/19 window but I’m not totally buying that. So close yet so far.

Sponsored

Maple85

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
UPS Driver
Seems to be a bit of log jam once Lightnings get to Portland. Mine arrived to PDX on 9/6. Original ETA was 9/13-9/19. It’s still sitting in Portland and ETA has now slipped to 9/20-9/26. Spending multiple weeks in Portland is a real possibility. Those last few miles are definitely the slowest. Trying to be patient.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think mine is at the dealer! Ford’s order tracking shows “Final Preparation” and ordertrack.app shows it at the dealer and the reservation page has switched to “ready to purchase!“. Dealer is not open yet. Looks like it took 2 weeks from arrival at Terminal 6 to delivery at the dealer. Hope to finalize the purchase soon!

The Rogue Robot

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Paper pusher
I think mine is at the dealer! Ford’s order tracking shows “Final Preparation” and ordertrack.app shows it at the dealer and the reservation page has switched to “ready to purchase!“. Dealer is not open yet. Looks like it took 2 weeks from arrival at Terminal 6 to delivery at the dealer. Hope to finalize the purchase soon!
It's at the dealer, and you're not?! What's wrong with you!

We watched the truck leaving the port and knew when it would be driving in. Had lunch where it would be driving past, and pulled into the dealership right behind it.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, I’m officially a Lightning owner now! Went to the dealership and my sales guy had just gotten back from vacation. It turns out there was an extremely minor issue of not enough paint application inside both front doors against the frame - a little rough patch, I wouldn’t have seen it and would only have felt it if I wiped that area down - and a small cut on the dash. They’re keeping it for service under warranty repair and since I’m out of town for a week anyway I’ll probably be picking it up next week, no need to just take it home and park it. Got financed at the dealer and they got close to an out of state credit union that they couldn’t use because they don’t take wire transfers and the CU doesn’t do wire transfers. Hope to post some pics when it gets all cleaned up and the paint & dash get repaired but here are the issues they pointed out.

Ford F-150 Lightning NW deliveries 4F8AD8FC-E319-4AF8-9DF7-BD7FD56E7C1D

Ford F-150 Lightning NW deliveries A2CC1E02-CA2B-4552-AF36-6D65D82B6F71
Sponsored