• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Occasionally Running Lights Stay On

Kentrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired engineer
Occasionally, my Lightning's running lights stay on after I park, lock and leave the vehicle. I wait for a few minutes and then return and physically twist the headlamp control counter-clockwise to the "0" position. The running lights then go off and stay off until the next time I drive. The truck normally and automatically turns the lights to the "Auto" position, and, usually, the driving lights go off on their own when I leave the vehicle. Has anyone experienced this?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

peteratmsr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum, Lotus Evora GT
A related failure mode for me: I am driving with headlight switch on Auto mode. I enter a parking garage, which is dark and so the headlights turn on. In order to avoid blinding the person in front of me, I turn the switch to parking lights. I park, exit the truck, and lock it. I walk away, even though the parking lights are on, because I expect they will turn off automatically in a few minutes. But they don't. Instead, they stay on for the entire time I'm away...

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
A related failure mode for me: I am driving with headlight switch on Auto mode. I enter a parking garage, which is dark and so the headlights turn on. In order to avoid blinding the person in front of me, I turn the switch to parking lights. I park, exit the truck, and lock it. I walk away, even though the parking lights are on, because I expect they will turn off automatically in a few minutes. But they don't. Instead, they stay on for the entire time I'm away...
I would expect that unless you switch back to “Auto”.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Push the lock button again, that usually turns all my lights off.

Also, listen for the chime when opening the door after you shut off the truck, if lights are on it will bong.

Sponsored

peteratmsr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum, Lotus Evora GT
Yes, after it happened to me, I thought about it and concluded that (a) this is the logical behavior and (b) there was probably a warning chime that I ignored (I was parking for a football game and it was noisy, so maybe I just missed it). But I got lulled into just expecting the lights to turn off by themselves and didn't think about it further at the time. Habit.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Yes, this is what parking lights are supposed to do. You need to turn them off or back to auto.
Sponsored