• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Ranger Crew cab FX4 Lariat- Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Performance is the biggest reason I am interested in an electric vehicle. I love quick cars and quick trucks are even better. The fact that it costs less to operate and is environmentally better are bonuses. There is nothing better to me than throttle response.
All reasons that I reserved a Lightning but I do foresee a bait and switch coming in the future . They will lure us all into EVs with its awesome performance then start to regulate the performance down in years to come .
Sponsored

OP
OP
pstansel

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
So as the OP of this I felt like checking with my dealer...

" I just spoke with my manager. As of right now the official order date is still the 26th. We have not received any notification from Ford to indicate otherwise. If anything does change we will certainly let you know, but we are still on track for the 26th!"

Yes I know that means nothing.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Performance is the biggest reason I am interested in an electric vehicle. I love quick cars and quick trucks are even better. The fact that it costs less to operate and is environmentally better are bonuses. There is nothing better to me than throttle response.
Then prepare to be disappointed ( depending on what your consider performance) . Yes, EV's are quick off the line and are always fun at stoplights but at speed they are let's just say boring. I think Porsche has figured it out on how to make these more enjoyable at speed with their 2 -speed. Not saying these aren't fun but at least for me when I had my Model 3, I tended to jump into my Miata for fun.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
All reasons that I reserved a Lightning but I do foresee a bait and switch coming in the future . They will lure us all into EVs with its awesome performance then start to regulate the performance down in years to come .
The market and price will regulate performance. Look at the id4. It's nowhere near as fast as a Tesla model y or a mach-e but it's also cheaper. It's targeted towards the typical crossover buyer that honestly has no interest in the 0-60 times. Online reviews criticized it for being slow but when I drove one it was plenty quick for normal driving. Not everyone needs or wants that much performance in their vehicle. Currently, it's a way to 'wow' people and entice them to switch but eventually all of the other aspects of driving electric will be enough, especially when the purchase price is the same as an ice vehicle.

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Not everyone needs or wants that much performance in their vehicle.
Amen. When I told some people that the MME is now my second choice, they asked why that over a Model Y? Putting my gripes with Elon/Tesla aside, I just don't care enough about performance to make it the deciding factor. As EVs move from early adopter/enthusiast to mainstream, people need to let go of this obsession with every EV being able to do 0-60 in 1.2s.

At the end of the day, it'll come down to overall tech, range, comfort, and buy-in cost.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Amen. When I told some people that the MME is now my second choice, they asked why that over a Model Y? Putting my gripes with Elon/Tesla aside, I just don't care enough about performance to make it the deciding factor. As EVs move from early adopter/enthusiast to mainstream, people need to let go of this obsession with every EV being able to do 0-60 in 1.2s.

At the end of the day, it'll come down to overall tech, range, comfort, and buy-in cost.
And for a truck, 0-60 in 4 seconds is ridiculous. A truck does not need to handle like a sports car. Because of the power, I am concerned about insurance costs since I suspect the Lightning will be considered a high performance vehicle.

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
So excited for tomorrow. Either we will have a nice surprise (order banks open), a configurator to play with (hey, it could happen), or at a minimum we will have some great stories from people who went to the dealership expecting to place an order... Gonna be some confused buyers and /or confused dealers!

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
So excited for tomorrow. Either we will have a nice surprise (order banks open), a configurator to play with (hey, it could happen), or at a minimum we will have some great stories from people who went to the dealership expecting to place an order... Gonna be some confused buyers and /or confused dealers!
Hopefully some of those people who go in to the dealership get pissed off and cancel their orders to buy something else instead.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Hopefully some of those people who go in to the dealership get pissed off and cancel their orders to buy something else instead.
I bet there's a non zero percent that walk out with an ice truck if orders cannot be placed tomorrow.

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Maybe buy a Rivian?

According to InsiderEV as of 10-22-21 Rivian has built 52 and delivered 42 in 5 weeks of production (2 per day), most to company employees.

How long to fulfill 42,000 reservations?

Ford is not the only inside game in town.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Nah.... He's gotta show Ford who's boss. Gonna go buy a Hummer ev and do crabwalk donuts in the Ford dealer parking lot
If he thinks Ford is a shitshow..can't wait to see what he thinks of GM. (Coming from a current GM and Ford owner) LOL