• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Maybe buy a Rivian?

According to InsiderEV as of 10-22-21 Rivian has built 52 and delivered 42 in 5 weeks of production (2 per day), most to company employees.

How long to fulfill 42,000 reservations?

Ford is not the only inside game in town.
I’m betting the reservations are over 50K since the S1 filing. But yea, they are definitely slow rolling the ramp up to production. I don’t think it’s a big deal as long as the quality is there. Some have pointed out they have panel gap issues (though not nearly as bad a Tesla) and the infotainment software needs work.

Anyways, they have production capacity to build 150000 units per year. I suspect it will take them a year to get up to that build rate.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
I’m betting the reservations are over 50K since the S1 filing. But yea, they are definitely slow rolling the ramp up to production. I don’t think it’s a big deal as long as the quality is there. Some have pointed out they have panel gap issues (though not nearly as bad a Tesla) and the infotainment software needs work.

Anyways, they have production capacity to build 150000 units per year. I suspect it will take them a year to get up to that build rate.
Reservations are over 150,000 per Ford.

OP
OP
pstansel

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Since this 32 page thread started with me I thought I'd follow up and say my dealer has been pretty silent today ;) Usually they get back to me quickly but it's been a couple hours with no response.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Probably fighting off all the other people who are reaching out to them asking why they can't order their truck today!

Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Can the admin or OP change the title of this thread to "pure speculation on ordering" or something more appropriate? It could still be fun, just less misleading. Just a thought.

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
Dealer set Appt for today (26th) but was turned away as ordering was not available.

Reserved on May 19th, so fingers were crossed that I was also able to day-one convert reservation to order.

Dealer says maybe at noon. Holding breath now!

Last edited:
OP
OP
pstansel

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah my dealer finally responded with well, guess it won't be today. *shrug* Sorry gang. Evidence sure seemed to support it originally.

simonsays

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey, Acura TL
The communication from Ford is clearly lacking. All customers want is clear, honest communication. They have the email addresses of the people with reservations and know the 10/26 rumors. Just send out an email saying that this is wrong and instead it will be sometime around [tbd].

Even within Ford information sharing seems to be a mess: I happened to talk to the Ford Marketing department yesterday (10/25) to move my reservation to another dealer. Without me asking, the Ford representative said: “And good news: Tomorrow (10/26) you will be able to go to the dealer to place your order!”

Oh well, I guess we still have a few hours…

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
All of their official material references "Fall 2021". As pointed out in multiple threads, that's technically into December. So while we all hoped that the rumors were true, they don't really need to tell us anything because they already told us something ("Fall").

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I’m at about 100,000+ on the reservation list so even if they do open the order books today I don’t expect to take delivery until 2024. I can see how some people would be unhappy with that kind of wait time but I’m okay with it. I really want the F150L but I don’t really need it and the extra time will allow me to better prepare my my finances.

This will be my fifth all electric vehicle. All of us the have been following the production of EVs for the last decade knew that the production of the F150L would be a slow process. Anyone that is having trouble with the long lead of the F150L probably never should have made a reservation and should probably cancel their reservation and sit on the fence until the F150L starts showing up on dealer lots.

If I’m honest, I have to admit that I placed my reservation as a message to Ford and a protest against Tesla. I wanted to help prove that there is a lot of demand for an EV that meets a need even if it doesn’t have a Tesla name on it. But I understand and I feel sorry for those that want the F150L so bad it hurts and can’t find relief.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I am in a similar reservation spot as Texas Dan. While a window of fall 2022 is good enough from the point of view that I don't expect to get an F150L for 2 yrs or more. I still believe that Ford could and should do a better job of communication, with both their customers and their dealers. To paraphrase Yaakov Smirnoff, "what a company!"

BruinIvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
For whatever its worth this is what the dealer is saying about the delay:

Good afternoon. We were just told by Ford, that the opening of the order banks for the F150 Lightning have been pushed back to December. When we get an exact date, we will reschedule your appointment.
Sponsored