• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
There's a very grey area here... what will the 23 specs be?

My guess is they're going to be pretty much identical, but technology moves fast year to year, so you never know.
Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I am thinking that the TBD order bank open date is because the wave order process will continue for the Lightning. Ford still has more reservations than they can build for 2023.

To avoid the problems of unfulfilled orders, they continue with the wave invite approach.
- There are 2022 wave invitees that deferred to 2023.
- There are 2022 dealer prioritized reservations that didn't get a 2022 wave invite.
- If Ford is attracting more fleet interest in the Lightning, they could blend that demand in with retail reservations.
- And Ford will probably open up a new round of dealer prioritization (call it a refresh) for 2023.
- The wave order invite process gives Reservation holders the chance to get a locked in price from the dealer and the opportunity to move that order invite to another dealer that won’t charge ADM.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
- And Ford will probably open up a new round of dealer prioritization (call it a refresh) for 2023.
I hope not, but it's probably contractual in the franchise agreement.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I hope not, but it's probably contractual in the franchise agreement.
I thought Ford is changing dealer contracts due to the ICE and EV separation ?

Don't the dealers have to opt in to the new contract for them to sell the BEVs ??

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I thought Ford is changing dealer contracts due to the ICE and EV separation ?

Don't the dealers have to opt in to the new contract for them to sell the BEVs ??
I believe they have to opt in/out starting next year not 23my but actually year

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
There's been some talk over the past week that the LFP battery option could sneak into the lightning sooner rather than later. It will be an interesting one to watch, as it could be the one thing that keeps the 23 Pro at a true value price point. Farley was quoted as saying they have been working on it for awhile and it will be available in the first Generation EV's from Ford. Obviously that doesn't mean first MY. With a longer lifespan and willingness to be charged to 100%, it would be a natural fir for the PRO and make it an even bigger value.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
There's been some talk over the past week that the LFP battery option could sneak into the lightning sooner rather than later. It will be an interesting one to watch, as it could be the one thing that keeps the 23 Pro at a true value price point. Farley was quoted as saying they have been working on it for awhile and it will be available in the first Generation EV's from Ford. Obviously that doesn't mean first MY. With a longer lifespan and willingness to be charged to 100%, it would be a natural fir for the PRO and make it an even bigger value.
In warmer climates, I agree - but even then the PRO would either have to give up payload or range to account for the energy density difference. If they are trying to save $$, they would likely go with lower range - somewhere in the 150 to 170 mile range. Take ~70% off of that in the cold unless you keep it in a heated garage.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
yep Android Automotive is junk...not much different than the OS tbh. Happy I will not be part of beta testing LOL Volvo's adoption of it has been bumpy as heck and there are still piles of inconsistencies and issues....and that's not even touching the surface with regards to security patches.
I’m glad I have Sensus in my Volvos, even if it is not perfectly snappy!

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I’m glad I have Sensus in my Volvos, even if it is not perfectly snappy!
My volvos (2) are a mixed pair. 2016 Sensus xc90 (that is losing 3g connectivity any day now) and android based ui in the xc40 EV. There are things that Sensus does that AAOS does not. I did not buy either car for their operating system, but for the drivetrain (7 passenger with a plug in 2016...the only option, and AWD powerful EV that was less than 180 inches long (my wife likes the smaller car coming from a Chevy bolt) and available in Sept 2021).

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
You can blame AT&T and the other carriers for the 3G debacle and the apparent lack of concern for the collateral damage.

That said, I am happy with my T5 power trains. I am keeping both Volvos and the Lightning replaces my Suburban that I sold earlier this year. As far as comfort, you cannot beat Volvo’s seats. I did test drive a Polestar 2 and while nice, was not nearly that comfortable - mainly because of the center console. My hope is that the Lightning will be at least as comfortable as my Suburban was.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I've heard people talk/post about potential ordering of MY23 being in June looks like July is the month according to their Ford.com probably match the date to the ICE F150 which is July 18th who knows lol

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 F-150 Lightning Production & Ordering Dates Released. Order Bank Opens July Screenshot_20220606-113040

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Outstanding, let’s hope us first day reservation holders will be first to be invited to order. Good catch!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Outstanding, let’s hope us first day reservation holders will be first to be invited to order. Good catch!
Fingers crossed that the relatively smooth first deliveries and faster than expected shipping times are signs of good things to come.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
doubtful... i reserved within 15 minutes of the end of the presentation and im 15th at my dealer and they only got 5 this year out of 150+ reservations. They claim no prioritization. If you were in the first 24 hours and in a ZEV state i imagine your odds are a lot higher.
Sponsored