• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

On board Navigation really that Bad??

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I confirmed over the holidays just how true this thread is, the navigation isn't just bad, it's really almost useless - at least parts of it.

The voice recognition and being able to find locations is really really bad. On my Thanksgiving trip home I had entered my mom's address, manually mind you, and off I went. I knew I wanted to stop and charge before getting to her house. I literally tried over 30 times to get the Ford system to find the charger for me. I used the charger name info, the street address, the Whataburger in front of it. Never once could it even remotely get close to what I wanted. I finally stopped so I could enter the address manually. It was pathetic.

I'm truly not a fan of CarPlay - but it is the only saving grace in these trucks, I can rely on  to do it. Why am I not a fan of CarPlay, because it is unnecessary after driving a Tesla. You depend on a company to do the integration right. I miss the tech in that car every day.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Yeah the OEM maps are really awful and I save it as a last resort. It’s like a Garmin from the 2000’s. It will compute a functional route but it’s not even at Apple Maps level of correctly responding to traffic or providing accurate ETAs. And the charging estimator is ridiculously inaccurate unless you’re just driving flat on a highway, at which point you can just use the GOM.

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
There are 3 or 4 icons on the left margin of the screen, tap any of them to get different perspectives, one of them will cycle you back to the close in view of the vehicle tracking the immediate vicinity versus the entire view of the route.
I have been taping on all of them and they never get my back
Ill try again today I must be missing something.
I don't under stand why Ford would not just have a dedicated recenter button, also to zoom out to see ahead is frustrating.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I have been taping on all of them and they never get my back
Ill try again today I must be missing something.
I don't under stand why Ford would not just have a dedicated recenter button, also to zoom out to see ahead is frustrating.
There is a dedicated recenter button. It appears on the left when you move the screen

Ford F-150 Lightning On board Navigation really that Bad?? Screenshot_20230220_204153_Gallery

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I love using the built in Ford navigation because the live traffic updates are correct.

Because I drive in congested Los Angeles traffic, it's important for me to find the least congested route.

The yellow, orange, red and purple highway/freeway lanes are super helpful in planning which route I take.

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I love using the built in Ford navigation because the live traffic updates are correct.

Because I drive in congested Los Angeles traffic, it's important for me to find the least congested route.

The yellow, orange, red and purple highway/freeway lanes are super helpful in planning which route I take.
I have managed to navigate the screen a little better now but still think Google is way easier to use. Google uses live crowdsourcing for traffic so you cant get better than that. I read Ford nav is free for 3 years? I would not pay for it especially since it doesn't have satellite images.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I used it once and it tried to send me down a road that doesn't exist anymore. Now I only set it when going to a DCFC and then flip back to Android Auto screen for directions.
Sponsored