• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Parking Sensor Error

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
I've only had my 2023 Lightning Lariat for a few weeks now and occasionally when I stop, I get a parking sensor error show up on the dash along with it beeping even though there is nothing in front of me. When this happens, it will happen just about all day, every time I stop at a light or parking but then the next day it will stop and won't happen again for several days or even a week. I brought it into service and they told me there were no errors and everything seemed good but I took several videos and pictures of this happening as well as passengers have seen this too. It's becoming frustrating because I don't have time to go back and forth with Ford while they try to figure out what's causing it.

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what the fix was.
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Clean the sensors, if that doesn't help then it could be a bad sensor or connection.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

Schroederhc1

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER, 1990 911 Targa
Occupation
Self Employed
Same problem. I've had it in twice to get it fixed. So far no luck it's still happening.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Or it could be the IPMA needs to be updated like it says in the SSM. This has been discussed many times in several threads. Here's one of them. Talk to your service advisor about it and ask them to look up the SSM.

And if you're still waiting for the IPMA OTA that was supposed to be released in March to fix this...it's late. So ask your service advisor to do it with FDRS instead.

Attachments

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I've only had my 2023 Lightning Lariat for a few weeks now and occasionally when I stop, I get a parking sensor error show up on the dash along with it beeping even though there is nothing in front of me. When this happens, it will happen just about all day, every time I stop at a light or parking but then the next day it will stop and won't happen again for several days or even a week. I brought it into service and they told me there were no errors and everything seemed good but I took several videos and pictures of this happening as well as passengers have seen this too. It's becoming frustrating because I don't have time to go back and forth with Ford while they try to figure out what's causing it.

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what the fix was.
Hi there, Marc! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer. I’ll look into this parking sensor concern. Thanks!

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Same issue on late model 03 Lariat. Took to dealer and it is much better. Used to alert every time I stop at an intersection. Now only occasionally.

OP
OP

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
Hi there, Marc! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer. I’ll look into this parking sensor concern. Thanks!
Message sent. Thank you.
Sponsored