• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power Running Boards/Retractable Steps - Rough Country (RC) vs AMP?

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
Unfortunately for me I've been hooked on power boards for a few years now, and it's a must have. Until now I've had them from factory, but my truck didn't come with them and OEM aftermarket isn't an option for us. Question is, does anyone have any experience with both of these brands? I've always heard good reviews on AMP's product. However, they are nearly double the cost of the Rough Country. AMP's is $1800 vs $999 RC.

Maybe @Realtruck or @4x4TruckLEDs.com can chime in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Hello!

I cannot speak on the Rough Country steps because we don't carry them but I can get you some info on the AMPS!

Currently we have three different models for the LIghtning. The standard Amps, the Amp XLs (4" lower) and the Amp Smart Series (App to control from your smart phone)

I believe you are interested in the standard Amp steps which will have the plug and play system, 6" wide steps and a 600 pound weight rating. I also attached the installation guide so you can take a look.

If you have any other questions on these just shoot me a PM and I will be happy to help!

Attachments

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
I got my AMP boards from @Realtruck and love them. One of the best value for money mods IMO. My only wish would be for the OEM zone lighting to be integrated into the step like the factory boards have. The lights the AMP kit comes with are weak and cheap looking. I didn't bother installing them.

Sponsored

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
I got my AMP boards from @Realtruck and love them. One of the best value for money mods IMO. My only wish would be for the OEM zone lighting to be integrated into the step like the factory boards have. The lights the AMP kit comes with are weak and cheap looking. I didn't bother installing them.
Thanks for that feedback!

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
I can't speak to the Rough Country ones, but I have the AMP boards on my truck. The install was straightforward, they work like a charm, and my wife thinks they're great -- much easier for her to get in and out of the cab.
Sponsored