• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

AMP PowerStep Running Boards

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Anyone foresee any issues installing power steps on the Lighting? Its the same cab as the Super Crew right? I imagine they would just bolt on but wondering about wiring for things like ignition cutoff circuit vs. always on power. I recall having that wired in directly to the 12V battery when I had these on my Tundra. Wonder what 12v mods look like on the Lighting. Though I recall AUX switching being available right? So assuming there's at least some 12v fused lines around.

https://www.amp-research.com/powerstep-running-board/2022/ford/f-150

The other critical wiring would be tapping into the 4 door contact switches. Which must be the same as the ICE F150 right?
Sponsored

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
The plug in to the OBD connector and access the door open signal from CANBUS. Power comes from the auv 12v circuit and a 12v feed.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Apparently, they require redesign due to the battery. The frame of our truck is not 100% identical to an ICE. Many rumors why they were pulled from factory ordering, but I'm guessing you'll have to wait until they are redesigned.

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
Its going to depend on whats outside the frame rails. The power boost you need to move the passenger step motor around to make them fit. The Lightning might have a lot of hoses and electrical there that wont fit the power steps in their current configuration.

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
GunRack

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Its going to mount in different spots for sure, but is there any other reason this could be a major design challenge? The mounting points are moveable along the rail assuming the step is long enough. I recall even having the cut my step down a little on the Tundra and that was all fine. Im guessing maybe accessing the 12v battery in the Lightning might be a little more of a challenge. I had to connect directly to my battery on the Tundra and not sure if that process changed in newer installs.

...Though my old truck did consistently seem to drain the battery after sitting two weeks and I sorta always suspected the power steps were causing that somehow.

Don't have my truck yet but I'd really like this to be one of my first upgrades. Anyone got one? Could we see some photos of how the factor rails are mounted?

Sponsored
OP
OP
GunRack

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Something I realize now is that the OEM steps have LEDs built in for the zone control lighting feature. I know the AMP steps have lights for when they deploy, but on my Tundra those were covered when the step was up. It would kind of suck to lose those extra lights for the zone lighting.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
The Platinum trucks technically were supposed to have these running boards, however it was pulled due to parts. So in theory, everything needed should be already there.