• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power steps for Pro

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Just 1 set. The delaminating occurs in high heat, keep it out of the heat. Once it cools, it appears to return to shape as well - at least for me so far.
Does it sound like all of them experience this? I’m in NC so it obviously gets hot here
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Just 1 set. The delaminating occurs in high heat, keep it out of the heat. Once it cools, it appears to return to shape as well - at least for me so far.
I don’t think there’s been enough data… but it does seem to be a common problem.

I’m north of you and it delaminated, but it returned to form for me when it drops below an estimated 75F would be my guess (not scientific!)

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
All trucks have the pre-existing wiring and it will plug right in. However, you need to have the tow tech package (or FORSCAN) to make them operational.

If you don’t have tow tech, the boards will bolt on, it will plug in, but you will not have lighting.
@gymgeek can confirm what @Yellow Buddy stated. I don't have tow tech so no lights on the boards for my pro.
Sponsored